Sign in to follow this  

Bolt Specs?

Does anyone know where I can find the size of the powervalve cover bolts for a 2001 YZ125? They are really screws, but the reason I want bolts is because it will take too long to order the OEM screws, and I would rather have them have a bolt head and not a screw head that way I won't have to take the engine out to tighten them. Thanks.

BTW I can't take the screw out and bring it to the shop to compare sizes, that's why I'm asking.

yamaha part number is: 1394-001

You could go in and ask them the size. I would take it off my bike and measure it for you but I am not that nice,lol. Hope this helps.

Think Home Depot or Lowes. You can buy several sizes for nothing. Usually the Japanese use m4 or m5 sizes for the cover bolts. My Lowes has 10.9 bolts which are much higher quality than anything the shop has.

He has a good point. Take the bolt into lowes/home depot. They have a board that you can screw your bolt into and get the exact size, just go from there.

Yeah but the problem is I can't take the bolt out right now because to do that I have to take out the engine and we aren't taking out the engine until I bring it to my friends shop and I'm not bringing it to my friends shop until we get the bolts we need.

Well then don't whine to use about your lazyiness if you would of taken the bolt out and gone to hardware store with it you'd be done with this by now and the best part you could put the bolt back in!!!! (yes I'm just teasing) the time if takes ya to post this I could of gone to the store and got them by now. :)