Anybody doing the Cal Poly Penguin DS ride this year?

Sunday, April 26th!!!?

Here's the link to their web page - it's labeled 2008 but

the links to the 2009 Entry Form and Risk Agreement are

at the bottom of the page.

http://www.cpslopenguins.com/Cal_Poly_Penguins_Motorcycle_Club/Dual_Sport.html

I sent my entry in earlier this week. It would be fun to get a group

or two of TT riders together to do it. :banghead:

Absofrigginlutely!

I love this ride. I make it a whole weekend. I drve up from LA on Saturday and meet up with friends for a steak dinner at Jocko's in Nipomo. I spend Saturday taking in the local scene.

This year my brother is driving down from San Jose and riding my XR250 buddy bike. He can't wait either, this should be a good decompression for him. Dwayne the Regulator has been my partner for the past couple of years, always have a great ride with our group.

Hi P15,

Dualsport rides aren't competitive events. They're more like a rally where you follow a pre determined course using a roll chart. A rollchart looks like a 15 foot long pieco of adding machine tape. It mounts in a roll chart holder and you scroll along following turn by turn instructions. From your signature I think you might be aware of all of this, but I wasn't sure.

Thw Penguins ride is usually run over several private ranches and some public lands. The level of dificulty is medium to difficult depending on your skill level. Again, looking at your sig, you'll find the terrain easy to moderate. It's just on stuff we don't usually get to ride on. The club throws a great BBQ lunch in the middle of a meadow or ranch on this ride, it's a nice touch.

You, or anyone, can call me if you have any questions or need info on how to set up or what to bring. (562)244-0244.

Oh yea babe!,

You know I'm in on this one. Probably bring up the motorhome and the family this year to make it a great weekend trip. Looking forward to an awsome ride, a great steak and maybe even some of the outstanding clam chowder. Better get a little practice in with that new helmet cam. ?

Whoo hoo! "Lets Ride"

motoroost.gif

Hi guys,

I'm with the Penguins and helping out a lot on the ride this year. Scottmac provided the link to our entry form (I got your email, and we have received your entry!). You can ignore the risk agreement that is posted on the site. It's still 2008's and this year we found out about different liability waivers that both Cal Poly University and AMA want us to have riders sign, so those will be present at sign ups.

As Kiethco said, it's a good area and bikes usually stay in the backs of trucks, and a cable and padlock through the frame will add peace of mind. Also, Jocko's is an EXCELENT steak and Steamer's in Pismo is great w/their clam chowder.

This year's route is almost dialed in. We're waiting on the Forest Service and when our planned-use application goes through we'll be adding more Pozo trails to the mix to get some better riding in early on in the ride for both the riders who enjoy the rocky hill climbs (you'll be glad you tried them) and those who would rather avoid them, in addition to the trail we used out there last year. A twisty road we didn't use last year is being thrown in to please the more canyon-carving types, too!

As usual, Garmin GPS downloads for the paved roads will be available morning of and we may have more space on the roll charts this year for a legible font size. ?

See everyone next month!

--Andrew

one of my friends and his group do it every year and i think it would be a great day to ride this! so i hope to make it out

p-15 if you need a place to stay my door is open im in lompoc about an hour south of SLO

Penguin-Andrew,

Thanks for the efforts on keeping it interesting and fresh. I see people from all over the state and surrounding as well. The area is truly a California gem. Riding on private property for much of the ride is icing on the cake.

The hard ways are just hard enough, not insane, and pretty fun on a plated dirt bike.

I heard James is actually riding this year. I can't believe he finally got the XR together!