Sign in to follow this  

Happy Birthday to me!

I know you guys are probably tired of reading these and i apologize but im pretty pumped right now. Today is my 18th birthday and i just got home from picking up my 09 450. Man this bike looks good! I fired it up and rode it up and down the driveway a little bit just so i could listen to her run. Now i'm just ready for it to warm up a so i can get it on a track. :banghead: Anyways, i won't waste any more of your time. I'm just pretty excited and thought i would share :) Thanks

Right on, enjoy that thing!

I was 38 before I could pay for a brand new 450. Congrats on the new bike and you should really appreciate, respect and thank your parents if they paid for it .

I was 38 before I could pay for a brand new 450. Congrats on the new bike and you should really appreciate, respect and thank your parents if they paid for it .

I'm pretty sure that no one could convince me that i don't have the best parents in the world lol. They have always done everything they could do to let me pursue the sport i love... Actually the reason i just got it is because my dad wanted me to wait until i turned 18 so i could take out a loan and start to establish my own credit. So we did that today and had it financed so i will be making monthly payments on it. I'm employed at the honda/kawi dealership that my dad owns so i got a pretty good deal though :)... My parents said that they are going to pay for some of it though as a birthday/graduation gift. Can't ask for much better than a new 450 :banghead: Thanks Mom and Dad!

Hey, you know what.. give Ma+Pa a big THANKS and enjoy that bike man ! You'll never forget how you feel right now, I guarantee that.

Happy Birthday ! :)

Thanks guys. yea ive been pretty pumped all day and couldn't wait for school to be over so i could go pick it up. I've had alot of bikes in my 18 years and raced at all the big races (ponca city, mini O's, Loretta's) but now that i'm getting older i'm really starting to realize the sacrifices and all the little things that parents did for me just so i could pursue my dreams. Motocross is not a cheap sport by any means, but my parents never once complained about driving me all over the country to race or about putting more money into the setup of my bikes than the bikes cost themselves. I hope that one day i'll be able to give my kids the kind of childhood that my parents have given me because i really couldn't ask for anything more. Once again, thanks mom and dad!!!

Thanks guys. yea ive been pretty pumped all day and couldn't wait for school to be over so i could go pick it up. I've had alot of bikes in my 18 years and raced at all the big races (ponca city, mini O's, Loretta's) but now that i'm getting older i'm really starting to realize the sacrifices and all the little things that parents did for me just so i could pursue my dreams. Motocross is not a cheap sport by any means, but my parents never once complained about driving me all over the country to race or about putting more money into the setup of my bikes than the bikes cost themselves. I hope that one day i'll be able to give my kids the kind of childhood that my parents have given me because i really couldn't ask for anything more. Once again, thanks mom and dad!!!

Hey man, when I was growing up I was sponsored by mom and dad too and wasnt thankful for it until I grew up and realized how damn expensive this sport is. If I could go back I would have a totally different attitude and appreciation for what they did for me. I had to take 6 years off of riding until I could afford another bike, and man am I loving it. It sound stupid, but emotionally I just didnt feel right until this last year when I kicked over my new bike. I needed it in my life. Anyways, enjoy it and realize how blessed you are. I have seen previous posts and you dont seem to be a punk ass like I was. You seem to appreciate it and not take it for granted. I have a 09 too and believe me, you will love it.

I try to let my parents know how thankful i am for them but sometimes, like all of us, we could be a little more appreciative of what they have done for us. I try to let my parents know how i feel and my family is very close for sure... i can't wait to ride this thing. I've already been tinkering with it and will walk out to the garage just to look at it :)

i kinda dont get this.

1) your parents own the honda shop, so the cost of the bike is prolly about $5000?

2) its your birthday, so they let you buy it from them and make payments.

3)you work there and that is the reason you got a discount, so prolly not at cost price.

4) they gonna pay for some of it. uhhh. like anything above cost?

sorry to be a party pooper, but to me, thats a one sided deal. they should be thankful they have you as a son and not some problem child. The excitement of the bike has negated all the factual evidence of this situation.

hey im happy for you that you got the bike. chalk it all up to a state of upbringing.

you can just call me punk ass.

good to see you appreciate new things, there is nothing better than buying yourself a bike for a present hahaha

good to see you appreciate new things, there is nothing better than buying yourself a bike for a present hahaha

hee hee hee

in a way thats true. seems like im the olly one that really knows what i want so im buyin myself presents at xmas, b-day etc. its true

i kinda dont get this.

1) your parents own the honda shop, so the cost of the bike is prolly about $5000?

3)you work there and that is the reason you got a discount, so prolly not at cost price.

sorry to be a party pooper, but to me, thats a one sided deal. they should be thankful they have you as a son and not some problem child. The excitement of the bike has negated all the factual evidence of this situation.

hey im happy for you that you got the bike. chalk it all up to a state of upbringing.

you can just call me punk ass.

yo punk ass... don't be a hater! you'd take advantage too if you could. If there is one think I've learned in life it's to graciously take every advantage you can get without doing bad things to get it. If someone else isn't lucky enough or smart enough to have an advantage, then so be it... natural selection at its finest.

who cares if this guys parents own the shop... yeah maybe he got a good deal, I would hope so...

he financed it through honda, therefore paying honda back, not his parents... the fact that it's on him sounds like a good lesson in responsibility to me. I wish more people would make there children more responsible at an earlier age.

just wish the lucky dude a happy b-day and get over yourself! you too could go finance a new honda... well... i would hope you could.

maddog... happy b-day and good riding to you!

:)

I'm pretty sure that no one could convince me that i don't have the best parents in the world lol. They have always done everything they could do to let me pursue the sport i love... Actually the reason i just got it is because my dad wanted me to wait until i turned 18 so i could take out a loan and start to establish my own credit. So we did that today and had it financed so i will be making monthly payments on it. I'm employed at the honda/kawi dealership that my dad owns so i got a pretty good deal though :)... My parents said that they are going to pay for some of it though as a birthday/graduation gift. Can't ask for much better than a new 450 :banghead: Thanks Mom and Dad!

Dude, it's not often you hear of a guy your age telling a story the way you told it here. Well done. :banghead:

BTW: the '09 CRF450R is awesome!!!!

Thanks for all the posts guys. We did get a good deal on the bike but it was nowhere near $5,000. That would be a steal for a brand new bike. I'm havin a little trouble following the rest of your post crfriggenf. What's going on basically is that for my actual "present", they are paying for a portion of the bike. The rest i will pay for. We wanted the bike to be bought and financed under my name though so that i could start to build my credit and get a good credit score for future use.

Congrats man and I didn't understand most of his post either so don't sweat it. Your parents are doing the right thing and any money they put on the bike is a gift and we know by your post you appreciate it as I am sure they do you. Helping a son/daughter build their credit is important. Have some fun, enjoy, and happy B/day!

• Like 1

I know you guys are probably tired of reading these and i apologize but im pretty pumped right now. Today is my 18th birthday and i just got home from picking up my 09 450. Man this bike looks good! I fired it up and rode it up and down the driveway a little bit just so i could listen to her run. Now i'm just ready for it to warm up a so i can get it on a track. :banghead: Anyways, i won't waste any more of your time. I'm just pretty excited and thought i would share :) Thanks

Congrats man, before you head to the track don't forget to rip apart the suspension and regrease everything. Also don't forget to use some anti sieze on the wheel adjuster screws...

Your bearings will thank you immensely... :banghead:

• Like 1

Yea i've already been out there messing with it every chance i get. I've broken it down and regreased everything, and i put on my hour meter. I also cranked it and made sure that there was still enough oil in it after it settled into the filter and everything. I'm waiting for some backgrounds from decal works that should be here on monday so that will keep me busy for a little bit. I think im gonna put a couple hours on it this weekend (weather permitting) and then take it back into the shop at the beginning of next week for the updated decomp pin and for a valve check. :)... Any other things i should look for?

• Like 1

i kinda dont get this.

Hmm, I'm guessing you've never met a guy who's parents did everything for him or paid for everything ? You know, the guy who doesn't know the value of a dollar because he's never worked for one, the guy who wrecks everything he's given because he has no idea what it costs to buy that new bicycle, car, motorcycle, dirt bike ?

You're right, Maddog10's parents aren't doing him any favours. Taking pride in ownership, learning the value of a dollar, learning to be a responsible adult + working at a job.. Those would be things you'd learn by paying for your own bike, but they're way overrated.

When my kids are old enough I'll buy the bike myself and give it to them, who cares if they don't appreciate it, wreck it because they didnt' pay for it, don't learn the value of a dollar, or have enough/good credit by the time they're 23.

Ya... Maddog... you're getting ripped man :)