Sign in to follow this  

MX Suspension Setup (Fork Height/Sag)

Any tips on fork height/shock sag for MX on a YZ250. I have my AOSS front forks and shock set up by Pro Action, and while the spring rates and valving is close, I think I need some tweaks in my fork/sag heights b/c I can not carve an inside line for Sh*t!

I have been moving stuff, but now I am at about 4mm under the ling on the top of the forks with 105mm of sag and still not happy. The track I was testing at was ROUGH, and VERY hard, so that might have somthing to do with it feeling so unsettled.

Am I in the ballpark, or does anyone have any other good tips for set-up. BTW, I am running stock 25mm offset forks...

Thanks. My testing and forum searching continues...

Any tips on fork height/shock sag for MX on a YZ250. I have my AOSS front forks and shock set up by Pro Action, and while the spring rates and valving is close, I think I need some tweaks in my fork/sag heights b/c I can not carve an inside line for Sh*t!

I have been moving stuff, but now I am at about 4mm under the ling on the top of the forks with 105mm of sag and still not happy. The track I was testing at was ROUGH, and VERY hard, so that might have somthing to do with it feeling so unsettled.

Am I in the ballpark, or does anyone have any other good tips for set-up. BTW, I am running stock 25mm offset forks...

Thanks. My testing and forum searching continues...

Try the suspension forum. Lots of smart people there who are willing to share good information.

Hi , i ended up running my forks at 7mm below the top of the fork ( not the fork cap ) , and reduced my rider sag to 90mm ( static ended up 15 mm ) . I also had to adjust compression balance front to rear so as to prevent excessive squating under hard acceleration to help it hold its line.However now she turns like a dream and handles well in general , these adjustments made a huge difference to the turning abillity of the bike ( 08 YZ250 ) .It was horrible in standard form.

Interesting... Thanks for the posts. I will try the above suggestion, plus will drop by the suspension forum too!

Thanks Fellas!

-Nate