Greenhorn mountain area?

Would like to know the conditions up there? Is it still snowed in? Is it even open this time of the year? I was up there last year,and my bike decided to let a cylinder head bolt go deep in the forest (not fun). Would like to go back and get some revenge!!!

Thanks!

BLM closed gh a while ago, sign o times

BLM Closes Forrest Service land??? Thats a new one on me.

BTW, prob plenty of snow left up there.

Yea my house is higher than greenhorn and we have no snow so the "Access" area would probbaly be fine. However, I can guarantee you'll hit some on those trails:thumbsup: :)

Yeah, Im talking about somewhere else.

I thought he wanted to know about the Greenhorn Mountains near Lake Isabella.

Ill be going up there on Tuesday. I was supposed to go today but some stuff came up with my son so i had to cancel.

Yeah, Im talking about somewhere else.

I thought he wanted to know about the Greenhorn Mountains near Lake Isabella.

Thats is the place I was asking about, near Lake Isabella

Thats is the place I was asking about, near Lake Isabella

I've been all over that place and plan on hitting it up a few times this year too. Ill let you know how it turns out on Tuesday.

Rode Keyesville three weeks ago with Bicycle Ron. We rode up into the Greenhorns and found very little snow. Our SSS was in really good shape. Unfortunately it snowed last week but I think it should be fine. Ron & some fast guys from Santa Maria are up there this weekend too ...

If I didn't have to work I'd go along, the Greenhorns are best during a small slice of time between when the snow melts and it gets too hot & dry to ride.

Good Like NOW. Go. You won't regret it.

Orangeroost

I would love to ride with some of you who know the area one of these days.

I plan to ride in that general area (forest) the entire summer. I have a gps, any tracks appreciated.

I will be out there tomorrow exploring.

I would love to ride with some of you who know the area one of these days.

I plan to ride in that general area (forest) the entire summer. I have a gps, any tracks appreciated.

I will be out there tomorrow exploring.

If i didn't have my son this weekend id join you.

If i didn't have my son this weekend id join you.

-Cool, I ll let you know next time we are going riding.

Thanks, ill try and take some pics tomorrow of the ride and see what i find too.

Let me know, my brother and I drove up to rancheria, and turned around. It was covered in snow.

We hit Snow at about the 6400' mark. If you know where the Piston Monument is. That's where we hit it. At the top of that hill climb. We staged from Hwy 178 at the Gate and rode up from there. At 5500 feet, where what we call Lake View, we saw a couple little snow spots in some shaded areas. We rode all the way to Evans Flat Campground. Then Down Rancheria toward Black Gulch Trail. The snow was gone by the time we got to Davis Campground. The Snow was a PITA. Ill get some pics up and a little better report tomorrow. Right now its time to go drink some green beer. Ill be heading back up there on Thursday too.

I didn't make it back up there today. We ended up going out to Taft to ride. We are going up there saturday though. I think were gonna stage in Keysville

Well we staged at the Gate again on Saturday. Had a blast. A lot more of the snow was melted off and it was way easier to get to Rancheria. IDK if they are getting snow or rain today. I hope just rain. Cant wait to get back up there.