Sign in to follow this  

MSR Shift Lever Tucker Rocky for DRZ400

Does anyone have one of these. I got it on Ebay and I am not an rocket scientist , but it does not fit. I measured the OEM levers hole and it was 13mm, I tried to open the gap on the new shifter and is still does not measure 13mm, also the dam screw in not going to line up. Any ideas???

Maybe you got the wrong one shipped to you? I purchased one from ebay, slapped it on...no problems here. Now I can wear my Gaerne SG10's AND actually shift the trans!

Does anyone have one of these. I got it on Ebay and I am not an rocket scientist , but it does not fit. I measured the OEM levers hole and it was 13mm, I tried to open the gap on the new shifter and is still does not measure 13mm, also the dam screw in not going to line up. Any ideas???

Sounds like you have the wrong one. I have an Msr shifter on my E and it is great.:)

Mine also slid on there like it was original.

I agree that you must have received the wrong part.... I love mine because now my size 13 Gaernes will fit under the shifter!!!!!

If you are trying to put it on with the bolt in it, you might have the bolt put in too far. Try putting in on with the bolt out and the threading the bolt through. I know this because that is the mistake I made at first and thought it was the wrong part.:)

There is no way that it would even fit with the bolt in it. I think it also is the wrong part.

Here is the next question.... Everyone that said it slid on easy...Are you riding a DRZ E or S? Does it matter? My next thought was maybe the spline is different between a E and a S. Mine is an S, but the package just said DRZ 400. The next question is that on the old shifter it bolts up from the bottom and this one bolts down from the top. Which to me is dumb, you have to have super small fingers and have to take off the coverplate for the front spocket...and to get a wrench it there well forget it.the chain is in the way. OK I maybe done, I'll just send it back.

E, but I would think the shifter splines would be the same on all drzs.

Well I sent it back and got my new one today. There was a little note on this one that said the last one was for a klr 650. I took this one out of the package and it sliped right on. Sweet.

Thanks for your help all.

Happy riding