Sign in to follow this  

Will this rear wheel fit?

I have been looking for a spare rear wheel for my 03 XR650L. I did find a 03 XR250R rear wheel. I was wandering if it has the same rear hub as the L? I tried a search and never really go a good answer. Thanks all

This might help......

Use the parts fiche viewer link at the top of the page when you log on to this forum.

Search for the rear wheel hub assembly of your '03 650L.

Now do a search for the '03 XR250R rear wheel hub assembly.

If the numbers match, it will probably fit.

i doubt a 250 wheel is as wide as the L swingarm, but check the fische YES SploogeDude is right!! WHAT UP JOHN!!

Thanks sploogemonkey and denn. The part numbers don't match so I am SOL. I guess I will just have to keep searching.

Thanks sploogemonkey and denn. The part numbers don't match so I am SOL. I guess I will just have to keep searching.

The part numbers might not match and it still could work. It has to have the same axle diameter for sure. Then the sprocket and brake disc have to have the correct spacing. You might have to make some custom spacers to get it to fit assuming the above issues are OK.

I have to say that I expect something not to line up right.

Yea. If I am going to spend $250 on a 250R rim that doesn't work for sure or $450 for a 650L rim that I know i will fit. I think I will pay the extra $200 for no headaches. Thanks all

or if you wanted a little project, you could buy just the hub off a 650l and lace up whatever you wanted. Not to jack the thread but whats the diffrence between rear wheels off 650l and 600r? Some cush drive thingy? could you put a cush drive rear wheel on a 600r? any diff, from year to year? I always wanted a spare rear wheel with a street/enduro tire on it.

The mid 90's XR600r wheel fits the 650L swingarm, I know bacause I have a 650L swingarm on my bike and a 1995 XR600r rear wheel. AFAIK once they switched to a disc rear end on the XR600 all the wheels were the same, and that was done in 1991 (or is it 1992)?

The spacers and axle are the same size too.

Im pretty sure the 650L wheel doesnt have a cush drive.

Thanks I will start looking for a 91 or 92 and later rear wheels. I am also going to get the shop manual and the clymer out to see what they say about the rear wheels. I don't know about the cush drive either.