Sign in to follow this  

need help with tranny

i just got a manual to fix my bikes tranny. and i got it all together and the tranny rolls smoothly, and i think i have the shifting forks set up good. but when i bolt together the cases, the tranny shafts get extremely tight to the point that they do not turn. has anyone had this happen or knows what could have happened. i have try fixing the binding about five times now and i cant figure it out. havent rode it in over six months!

any help is greatly appreciated

-Steve

make sure the berrings are fully seated in both sides of the cases; if that dosn't do it disassemble and check that one of the spacerwashers isn't in the wrong place; there may be more then one that look the same but is thicker and in the wrong place which would put it in a bind.

I dont know if this will help w/your bike but I had my tranny done at a shop and when I put everything together and went to roll the bike on its tires in nuetral it felt it was binding. in my case the clutch(03 kdx 200)is a wet clutch so we had to take the clutch basket apart and soak the drive and friction plates in oil reassemble and roll again untill it loosens up.I dont know if this is relevant to your bike but it might be worth a try before opening the crank case again.it also could be like carter77 said above.hope this helps get you back on the trail.

thanks guys, i have all the spacers, and gear and all in the correct order according to my service manual, and if i didnt that would only move the gears, not the shafts. and the tranny bearings arent new so the bearings are seated.

so i can rule that out.

and i dont have my clutches in yet. i havent even completed bolting the center cases together, lol.

thanks anyways. and keep em coming!

-Steve