Sign in to follow this  

400 exc vs 400 xc w vs 450 exc

what is the better bike for like extreme trail riding and race tracks?

also the 505 xc-f

all good, get any 450/525/530

well i looked at ktm's website and they don't have msrp. i heard they are expensive but idk if they r worth the money? i have a crf150f now and the power is lacking majorly :) . so I was just wonderin what bike would be the best for the money.

Yes they are worth every penny, but at 13 you're going to have a tough time getting the money. KTM's are very expensive vs Jap bikes, but again they are worth it for many reason's.

Bought the 400 xc-w....very nice in the trails and open stuff. Haven't had it on a track yet but based on characteristics of bike, I'd think it'll do fine for what I jump.

Coming from your current bike, it will be a huge jump in torque and power. I'd think about a 250xcf-w.

ps: better start saving your $ since these bikes run a bit more in cost than Japanese bikes.

IF you're a big jumper, none of these are the best "race track" bikes

The EXC (depending on year) is a wide ration tranny (low first/high 6th)

The EXC if '07 or later is street legal with blinkers, lights etc...

The XC is the same basic bike with out the street stuff

Big jump from a 150f to the 400

I'd seriously look at a 250f

Yes they are worth every penny, but at 13 you're going to have a tough time getting the money. KTM's are very expensive vs Jap bikes, but again they are worth it for many reason's.

ya my 150 isn't to small height wise but power wise it is gutless in my opinion. why are they worth every penny?in many reasons?

ya my 150 isn't to small height wise but power wise it is gutless in my opinion. why are they worth every penny?in many reasons?

your going to break many radiators. your way too small if a 150f isn't too small of a bike for you.

they are well built, very smooth, and handle nicely.

its like comparing a BMW to a VW, both are german and have the same performance, but one is just plain out built nicer.

both are high performance dirt bikes, neither are german

I'd say wait till your a bit bigger till you get a larger bike, no offense, I have short friends who fall over and smash radiators on rocks.

a CRF150R easy has twice as much power your 150F has, you might want to look into one of those

your going to break many radiators. your way too small if a 150f isn't too small of a bike for you.

they are well built, very smooth, and handle nicely.

its like comparing a BMW to a VW, both are german and have the same performance, but one is just plain out built nicer.

both are high performance dirt bikes, neither are german

I'd say wait till your a bit bigger till you get a larger bike, no offense, I have short friends who fall over and smash radiators on rocks.

a CRF150R easy has twice as much power your 150F has, you might want to look into one of those

ya well i don't want to buy to many bikes so i was looking for 1 that would last me forever or untill it breaks.

The first thing you should buy is the Bullet Proof Designs rad. guards.

I have no idea of how big you are. If you are at least 5'10" you should be OK.

You can have the suspension professionally lowered up to 2". This is something that can be revearsed as you grow.

im on my dads account right now. i was 14 and 5 10+ wen i got my 400. huge power gains from a 225. im glad i have it now. it had a lowering kit. still had issues with keeping my feet under me wen i stopped. go 250 man. unless ur abnormally tall and strong it will b too much. easier to tune up a bike wen ur ready for more power than to power it down and lug around the extra weight in tight single track trails. and if ur on money constraints. jap is the way for u to go. if i didnt have my dad helping me with parts and stuff i couldnt afford it. well good luck with it all. i hope my advice helps. im 16btw

im on my dads account right now. i was 14 and 5 10+ wen i got my 400. huge power gains from a 225. im glad i have it now. it had a lowering kit. still had issues with keeping my feet under me wen i stopped. go 250 man. unless ur abnormally tall and strong it will b too much. easier to tune up a bike wen ur ready for more power than to power it down and lug around the extra weight in tight single track trails. and if ur on money constraints. jap is the way for u to go. if i didnt have my dad helping me with parts and stuff i couldnt afford it. well good luck with it all. i hope my advice helps. im 16btw

well i'm 13 and like 5'3 ish (shrimp). and i won't get one right now but according to my family's genes i won't get 6ft prolly.i also want a bike that will last and not have to buy a new one again because i don't have a job so..

also where so you get the lowering kit and how much does it lower? $$$?

The first thing you should buy is the Bullet Proof Designs rad. guards.

I have no idea of how big you are. If you are at least 5'10" you should be OK.

You can have the suspension professionally lowered up to 2". This is something that can be revearsed as you grow.

$$$$???

$$$$???

Yes both of my ideas will cost you a couple dollars.

I sugest you price what a new rad. will cost you. Just one side.

You get what you pay for.

:)

Yes both of my ideas will cost you a couple dollars.

I sugest you price what a new rad. will cost you. Just one side.

You get what you pay for.

:)

well the bike i have now has a 32" seat height and i can comfortably poot both feet on the ground and the 400 has a 36" seat height so i'll prolly get a 400 but i don't want to buy another dirtbike after that too. So i was wondering if the 400 would keep up with the 450 or 505?

So i was wondering if the 400 would keep up with the 450 or 505?

How fast do you think you are? Not to be rude, but pro riders on a 125 could beat a B rider on a 505.

My 400 is plenty of fast...

How fast do you think you are? Not to be rude, but pro riders on a 125 could beat a B rider on a 505.

My 400 is plenty of fast...

well i was just wondering if the 400 had alot of power compared to the 505 or 450 so i don't have to buy another bike

well i was just wondering if the 400 had alot of power compared to the 505 or 450 so i don't have to buy another bike

I'm 37 and just under 190lbs...I feel that the 400 has the right amount of power everywhere. With the 6 speed, it is plenty fast on the top and 2nd gear is perfect for the gnarly single...3rd is the magical gear that gets everything done. To me, gear spacing is good and I anticipate on having the bike for at least 3 yrs or so before I get the itch to buy again.

The only complaint...as usual...is the rock hard stock seat. Normally I don't sit down but in 6,12 and yearly 24 hr races that I do, sitting becomes inevitable. So, EE seat is in the works for sure.

I'm 37 and just under 190lbs...I feel that the 400 has the right amount of power everywhere. With the 6 speed, it is plenty fast on the top and 2nd gear is perfect for the gnarly single...3rd is the magical gear that gets everything done. To me, gear spacing is good and I anticipate on having the bike for at least 3 yrs or so before I get the itch to buy again.

The only complaint...as usual...is the rock hard stock seat. Normally I don't sit down but in 6,12 and yearly 24 hr races that I do, sitting becomes inevitable. So, EE seat is in the works for sure.

k is it a exc or xc-w? $$??