Sign in to follow this  

klx 110 pitbike look

i am set on getting a klx 110 but people who have those for pitbiking have diffferent looking bikes. i am not sure what mod does this but it would be great for someone to help me out. the stock klx 110 looks like a normal bike and i want to know how i can get my bike to look like a pitbike. the people who use it for pitbiking have it looking like it is raised or something. any help would be appreciated

well could you give me an average price of these items.. all i want it to do is look lifted like a pitbike

Depending on the brand of parts you get, and how much you do to the bike, expect to spend anywhere between $800 and $4000 to make a competitive pit bike.

are you talking about a big bike style swingarm? (mx style) if so then the cheapest kit you could find would probably be a brand x minis.

i want my bike to be a decent bike that can definately handle backyard jumps and table tops but i do not want it to be competitive. what parts do i need for this type of riding and how much will those parts cost?

if you just wanna do some backyard jumps then all you will really need is some stiff springs

things you need to purchase:

cat5 cradle mount; foot pegs, bars, stiffer rear spring or aftermarket Works shock, 1 stiff front spring and change fork oil to 20wt.

Those mods should keep it cheap and backyard ready.

IMO -

The Sano LS 8 swingarm and shock set up and a set of kx 60 forks are the best way to get a real decent suspension and raise it up alot too . :banghead:

There are cheaper and more expensive set ups for the front and rear ends but .... , I feel this is a great start and will carry you thru for some time to come .. :)

You can also find some great deals on used stuff if you look in the right places . :banghead:

i think i am going to go with the sano ls 8 swingarm with kx 60 front forks and new springs...for now i think that will do...are there any other mods that will greatly enhance the performance of this bike without having to spend major $$$

i think i am going to go with the sano ls 8 swingarm with kx 60 front forks and new springs...for now i think that will do...are there any other mods that will greatly enhance the performance of this bike without having to spend major $$$

A big bore kit, exhaust pipe, and air filter will make huge power differences. You can go on forever with the enigne, porting the head (or most people actually replace the head), changing the cam, changing the carb, etc.

For the money .. A cam , air filter and pipe will be a good start cheapness wise .

Depending on what brand and quality of stuff you get , it can be cheap or over the top expensive .. :)

Gett'n used stuff can also help you save $ to get into other mods like a big bore kit etc .. , to go with the pipe and cam you already have .. :banghead:

the most important is a swing arm.best one i could find for a reasonable price:

http://www.faster-minis.com/swingarm-red-baron-extended-110.html

pipes:

http://www.faster-minis.com/exhaust-fmf-power-core-iv.html

engine covers:

http://www.faster-minis.com/dress-up-kit-a-t3-minis-complete-klx-110-yx-import.html

also you can take off the chain guards so the sprockets show (looks way better, but be carefull your pantleg doesnt get caught)

dont bother with revboxes as they are useless, and disc brakes look and work better, but not worth the $700