Sign in to follow this  

Push to talk buttons

Bought the Baja Designs helmet radio set up and I am looking for some advice on the push to talk button. What perch do you attach it to, the clutch or the brake. I am favoring the brake side because I feel a tight grip on the clutch side is better than a tight grip on the throttle side-a big bump and I could grab a handfull of throttle. Do you wire tie the PTT button cable to the bars so as not to tear it out of the switch when you bail? Do you set the PTT cable up so the connector is turned in towards the steering stem or towards the end of the bars when connected? Do you bring the coiled cable from the radio harness over your shoulder or from your waist to the PTT button. Any other recommendations for the PTT button, harness or the helmet set up? Thanks for the help.

I have my push to talk button on the left side; throttle hand is never in the same position long. just make sure you move the kill switch out of the way:bonk: I bring the cable down my left arm tucked through my elbow pad- Half the reason I wear 'em LOL then tuck it through the velcro on my gloves. This setup works good but everybody is diff. Hope this helps. Have a good one!