last time i service my 250f

last time ever! their labor price per half hour increased 10 bucks in a month. ? whats up with that??

Service prices are going up because they are thinking they will not sell as many new bikes. They have to make money some how.

I agree, do the work yourself. Its not that hard.

Yea ir'a fun to learn yourself and if you ever run into a problem post it up, someone on here has been there and knows what to do. The only time I bring my bike in is for things I cannot do that require special tools or what not...so not very often.

Another person complaining about the dealership! Man, this never gets old. Seriously, do you have any idea the amount of money it takes to keep the store up and running? Not to mention sending your technicians to get factory trained everytime something new comes out. The price is set with all the proper justification. If it goes up it means the dealers costs are increasing and your technicians are getting even more valuable knowledge so the next time you try and fix it yourself and fail we will be here to make it right. If you can't/wont fix it yourself then don't complain about how much we charge to do it for you.

Just my .02 as a faithful Honda Service employee.

• Like 1

your technicians are getting even more valuable knowledge

I am not saying this is every where, but I purchased my 01 YZF426 used in 2003. After reading my manual, I had problems getting the oil screen in the frame out. So I went to both Yamaha dealers in town and asked the service department about how to get the screen out. Both of them just stared at me like I was speaking in Japanese. The best part is that they did not want to take the time to help me or find out for themselves. That is when I decided I will not be taking my bikes there for any service.....

I have actually take my YZF head to the Suzuki dealer that will say I don't know, but I can find out for ya....

Good service is KING!

your technicians are getting even more valuable knowledge

The service department at my dealership couldnt find jets for my yz450. They then concluded that I had an aftermarket carb on my bike. Its stock. Bought jets off ebay...

Took 35 minutes to find a flywheel puller in a magazine...

Wanted to charge me $75 to run a ball hone up and down my cylinder for 8 seconds, even though I had it apart and jug-in-hand...

Looked at me like I was crazy when I told em I needed valve shims...

Yup, they're packed full of valuable knowledge!

How in the world am I supposed to have any faith in a dealership when they don't even carry jets for the bikes they sell. From what I have seen, all they do around here is throw new parts at it and pray. If you need to have work done, I would recommend a good independent mechanic. If you ask around, I am sure you will get some leads.