Sign in to follow this  

Back on the forum with a classic!

Hey! im back, its been a few years since i posted but im back with a new bike! i just bought this 1988 YZ 250, i cleaned it up a bit and did a little work (still needs a real seat cover) here are a couple pics of my progress :)

The engine runs well it starts up easy. The bike is allegedly bored out but the seller did not know the details. All he knew was that it was too fast for him because he and his friend almost died on it a couple times.

Last year i picked up a vintage 80s helmet and chest protector in orgeon, i think this will be perfect. :banghead:

here it is, tell me what you think :banghead:

ill take some better pics when im finished with it

dsc02536d.th.jpg

dsc02537w.th.jpg

Nice! I miss my old '91 YZ250. it was a good bike. I didn't care the pink they had in '91 though.

Nice! I miss my old smokers from back in the day.

Nice! I miss my old '91 YZ250. it was a good bike. I didn't care the pink they had in '91 though.

I'm not a flamin mo or anything, but I kinda liked the pink. :banghead: Especially Bradshaw's and Dubach's bikes from 1990. :)

Hey! im back, its been a few years since i posted but im back with a new bike! i just bought this 1988 YZ 250, i cleaned it up a bit and did a little work (still needs a real seat cover) here are a couple pics of my progress :banghead:

The engine runs well it starts up easy. The bike is allegedly bored out but the seller did not know the details. All he knew was that it was too fast for him because he and his friend almost died on it a couple times.

Last year i picked up a vintage 80s helmet and chest protector in orgeon, i think this will be perfect. :banghead:

here it is, tell me what you think :foul:

ill take some better pics when im finished with it

dsc02536d.th.jpg

dsc02537w.th.jpg

Nice!:)

its shit, y dont you buy a new bike?

With comments like that you will run out of gas soon.

Sweet bike man, looks VERY clean for a 88. Good to see some clean 2 strokes still out there with steel frames.

sweet. i used to have an 88 yz 250, but i had to sell it after i busted my leg and had to pay some bills. that was a sad day, i loved that bike. the guy i bought it from had it tricked out a bit with reeds and procircuit pipe, it was scary fast.

its shit, y dont you buy a new bike?

you get bad gas.

Nice bike man, I wish that I had the time and money to find a nice oldie like that.

Sweet! My buddy was given a 88 YZ250 a few years ago. Its been sitting in his garage ever since. Last weekend we put some fresh gas in and it started in 4 kicks! Not bad for a bike that has been sitting for 3+ years! It needs some TLC but then it will be good to go.

thanks a lot for the comments!!! i appreciate them!

i took it out on some trails yesterday and the things is pretty good, 3rd gear wheelies without clutch... i didnt have enough room to take it past 3rd hehe

suspension works surprisingly well considering im 6'3 ~235lbs - came off an unexpected 5 ft dropoff and the forks just took it :)

i wish i could afford a newer bike - i almost bought an 02 ktm 380, which is still my goal, my finances got hit pretty hard in the summer, had to sell street bike to pay bills :banghead: but im really happy i got this one

i too, love the looks of older bikes, something about them, especially when they are in good shape, that really attracts me :banghead:

thanks again for the comments, ill take some more pics once the seat cover comes in

Very nice :) And the good news is that you dont need a 36" inseam to touch the ground,,I want one !

that old yammy is nice , i never understood why people buy those cheap Chinese bikes when they could get something like this for less that will last twice as long and not break down .