Sign in to follow this  

Planet KLX FREE MODS Carb to Air box hose

I have a 2007 klx250s and i have just completed the free mods. However my question is regarding the step in which you Remove the stock crankcase vent hose and replace it with about two-feet of 1/2-inch hose, Route the new hose straight up behind the carb, past the shock and into the air box. I completed this step, but after tearing out the stock hose i looked down the hose and found NO ball or anything that was restricting air flow. I here so many people do this mod because there is something restricting airflow in the stock hose, im confused becuase i foung nothing in my hose. Does anyone know of an explanation for this and did i do something i didnt need to do?

I have the same bike. I believe the "restriction" is not in the hose, but in the connector on the lower part of the air box where it is originally routed.

I1394_E1130.jpg

See Part 92191A? That looks like it is routed to the lower right part of the Air Box. That connection point on the air box is what is restricted.

By running it up higher to the back of the air box, and putting a filter on it, you are no longer using the restricted connection. You cap it off with a vacuum cap.

• Like 1

notarat where did you get that parts list? I had a site saved on my pc but it crashed and I don't remember it? Thanks

Click this button at the top of your screen

ttheader_06.gif

Click the OEM Link on the next page and search away!

TT will price match on most parts too

• Like 1