Sign in to follow this  

On Any Sunday (in the Arctic)

Oh yeah I remember reading your thread on yhow you got your bike, dis assembled it all and shipped. Really interesting thread! Cool video. What do you do to stop your air filter being covered in ice?

Is that even fun??? Looks like alot of work. Then again this is coming from a spoiled californian who gets to ride year round!

Oh yeah I remember reading your thread on how you got your bike, dis assembled it all and shipped. Really interesting thread! Cool video. What do you do to stop your air filter being covered in ice?

Removed it. :banghead:

Is that even fun??? Looks like a lot of work. Then again this is coming from a spoiled Californian who gets to ride year round!

That was a particularly soft day late in the spring when everything starts to melt. For most of the year up here you can’t make a snowball. It’s so cold and dry that the snow is like sand, but it gets wet and sticky for a couple of weeks as it's melting.

Most of the time I stick to packed snowmobile trails, but every now and then I like a bit of adventure, go where the sleds can’t go. Breaking fresh ground like that is always a bit of a rush. The snow could be 2 feet deep or 20, you never know until you get into it – like a mud hole you’ve never been through before. Sometimes you get off the bike and test, and sometimes you just go for it. That’s the fun part.

I also get to ride year round. Here’s a clip shot in January when the trails aren’t so soft.:)