@&^%$#*%*!!!!!!!

I feel physically sick right now to the point I could throw up. I was performing a routein oil change on my 09 450 over the weekend but as in a big hurry and recruited the help of someone. I drained the oil but asked Brian to add the oil. He said he did but I just found out that he didnt. I was stupid enough not to check and now my bike has 4 hrs without any oil. What should I do? Can I just add oil and hope for the best? I cant afford to pay a mechanic to take the motor apart. Damn I am so sick. I cant believe I let this happen.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel physically sick right now to the point I could throw up. I was performing a routein oil change on my 09 450 over the weekend but as in a big hurry and recruited the help of someone. I drained the oil but asked Brian to add the oil. He said he did but I just found out that he didnt. I was stupid enough not to check and now my bike has 4 hrs without any oil. What should I do? Can I just add oil and hope for the best? I cant afford to pay a mechanic to take the motor apart. Damn I am so sick. I cant believe I let this happen.

whatever the damage is get your friend to help out with the costs. im sorry to hear this, but how did you not notice after 4 hours of riding? im not an expert but i would have thought it would have seized or something far before 4 hours.

whatever the damage is get your friend to help out with the costs. im sorry to hear this, but how did you not notice after 4 hours of riding? im not an expert but i would have thought it would have seized or something far before 4 hours.

I cant believe that it didnt sieze either. She rode like a cham besides the bogging (thats a seperate issue). And its not like I rode easy. I went riding twice in the riverbed. To get there I ride along train tracks for about a mile and then a mile back 5th gear WOT with the occasional let off.

I cant believe that it didnt sieze either. She rode like a cham besides the bogging (thats a seperate issue). And its not like I rode easy. I went riding twice in the riverbed. To get there I ride along train tracks for about a mile and then a mile back 5th gear WOT with the occasional let off.

your positive it was bone dry ? was it empty in both the tranny and engine side? sounds like it must have been running with something.. the least your friend could do for you is help you take it apart and check things out with you.

sometimes, if there is just enough to coat evrything, and its really good oil, it will actually run.

what kind of oil did you drain out?

4 hrs....i check my levels every 20 minutes...

one time i ran my tranny with no oil for 12 minutes. it was ok. never broke

Maybe Brian did add oil but put it in the wrong side (tranny side). I've seen this happen first hand where because the Motor oil fill is on the left but the drain is on the right bottom and the Tranny fill is on the right side but the drain is on the left, people are making huge mistakes by draining oil and adding oil in the wrong fill hole. I would suggest you check the level of the tranny side to see if it has about twice the amount needed!!! Sorry to hear bro.

damn man this is 2 blows in a row. well who ever mentioned having that guy help you again can forget it. the only help that guy willl do is help with throwing himself off the river bed you ride

maybe like someone said there was just just enough in there. i know when draining mine and not in a hurry i am really suprised how much more i get out of there, especially turnining the kick starter a few times and more comes out

good luck!!!

Unless you tilt it on its side to drain the oil out completely and kick the starter a few times to remove the remaining oil in the pump, there is probably still 1/3 of quart oil in there. Do a compression test and hope for the best.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=751770

I hope you dont adjust your suspension the same way you change your oil! I loved my ENZO setup! I sold it to a local guy when I got the A kit and he loved it as well! Didnt send it back once!

And btw, you prob dont wanna know what the inside of your motor looks like if you ran it that long with no oil. I am VERY surprised it didnt seize on ya. Just fill er up and ride her till she breaks. Put it on a dyno if you wanna know some truth withtout breaking into it. That will tell a tale or two....