Sign in to follow this  

How do you secure your DRZ?

Earlier this week I had my jacket and gloves stolen, and the thieves came back later in the evening for my DRZ, unsuccessfully.

How do you secure your DRZ? At my home, I chain it to a steel support post in a carport, and cover it. I'm looking for more options on how to secure my DRZ.

I have a Gorilla alarm on the way.

How do you protect your DRZ, at home, and on the road?

XD.45Tactical, XD.40sub-compact, remington 870 12g, and a S&W 360PD .357:smirk:

But none of them work if our not there to catch them.

The best way to make sure no one steals yor bike is to ride it every where.

you could get a pad lock and put it in your rotor bt youll forget its there one day.

I have a pit bull, and a I'll have a handgun next week.

I can't take my dog, or my pistol to work...

Out of sight out of mind.

I keep the bike off the road, behind the building and covered. I used disc lock too. For my long travels I'm looking into getting a GSM/GPS tracker.

At home, my whole yard is fenced & my dog keeps people out.

DSC04730.jpg

On the road, I lock the steering & try to use a 30'cable to padlock it to something.

I'm fortunate enough to have a garage where my bike stays at night in addition to other layers of security, alarm, disc lock, chain, dog =). But when I leave it outside when I travel or am riding it always gets cable and ulocked to a post with a Xena Alarmed disc lock in the front. The Xena alarm that I have is now on sale here for 59 instead of 99 and comes with a special offer of 20 free batteries:

http://www.lockitt.com/xn/15xeseriespg.htm#prod

XD.45Tactical, XD.40sub-compact, remington 870 12g, and a S&W 360PD .357:smirk:

But none of them work if our not there to catch them.

The best way to make sure no one steals yor bike is to ride it every where.

you could get a pad lock and put it in your rotor bt youll forget its there one day.

now that's more like it. It's pretty hard to run from those bad boys :)

1 garage, 2 yelping beagles, and 9mm of get off my property. :)

Full lock left, disc lock, cover, and kryptonite p.o.s. chain. You have to have mad cash to get a place with your own garage around these here parts.

This is why I say p.o.s. kryptonite chain :) . Although I guess it's better than nothing.

I have a garage.....and good insurance.

You could possibly close in your carport,or buy one of those metal sheds and put it in the back yard.

Garage. Can't live without one now. Like previous peoples said, keep the drz out of sight. Sometimes a cover just doesn't do the trick. When on road I use the steering lock and always keep a cable lock with me too.

Although, for some reason I always worry about her.

I never let it out of my sight and at home it stays in the garage with the door closed so that people driving by don't get a chance to see it...

2 blocks from a housing project i chain mine to the lightpole outside my house with an onguard chain. i also make sure everyone sees me walking my 75lb boxer. she lets me know if anyone is making noise outside the house. then i have an AK47 in case they're dumb enough to try to get it.

lastly...i have a payment on it so i have theft insurance.