Sign in to follow this  

Street Legal TTR250

I note that the TTR250 is generally sold as a enduro bike around the world, however it is sold as a street legal bike here in South Africa, attached are a few pic's of my bike when is was new (Jan 2007). Now it is stripped down for enduro use but the nice thing is once I don't want to use it off road I can make it street legal again.

There are absolutely no after market parts for this bike in SA, so I had a friend make me a bash plate, not too shabby hey.

I really enjoy this bike, just wish it weighed about 15kg less.

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu88/Rotgut/TTR250/

Nice, you're right it could shed a few pounds but it is a very well-balanced bike and in the tight stuff isn't too shabby. It's slow, but will just lug along wherever you wanna go and I love that about mine.

They're not sold as street-legal here in the states, but most come with road-titles and adding the necessary bits are actually quite easy. Here's mine with an Electrosport Dakar kit & some LED turn signals I added:

TTR250.jpg

The TTR really needs uncorked & a less restrictive pipe. It awoke mine really well, rejetting made it crisper and quicker off the throttle all across the power band. I highly recommend it if you want a little more performance.

I have already uncorked mine, fitted a DRD pipe from a WR450, just had to match the pipe. Also opened up the airbox and the dealer supposedly sorted the jetting but I have an issue as raised in my thread "TTR250 running on.... after full throttle" got some good pointers here so just need to have a look at the jetting myself.

But it's a great bike, at least I get to ride it as apposed to the bike riding me...

I note your front light is much smaller, is this an aftermarket unit?

DSC01209.jpg

Well that's if you can see my light....

DSC01215.jpg

Yeah, my cowl/light is an Electrosport. 55w light, but a bit smaller & brighter than the stock TTR light that mine came with.