Sign in to follow this  

Greenhorn Enduro, Colorado

The Green Horn Reliability Enduro has been added to the 2009 RMEC schedule by the same 'gang' that held the Peaks Pike Enduro in years past. The race is tentatively scheduled for Septemeber 6th. The event will be held east of I-25 between Colorado City and Walsenburg.

---------------

We hope to recreate the feel and fun of the old Limon Enduro. If you've ever ridden that race, or have buddies that talk about "that time at Limon" then c'mon out and join us. Our terrain is a bit more interesting than the loops in Limon but we're gonna strive for the same atmosphere. More details as they become available... spread the word.

Limon, what fond memories. Limon 1979 as a 12 year old was my first ever race. I have fond memories of that race since I was riding a yamaha 175 trials bike (orange and white for those that might remember what those looked like). It rained all night and all day Sunday for the race so the trail was solid mud which if you are on a trials bike, the front fender sits about 2" off the tire. Didn't take long and many crashes before I realized that the front tire and fender would get so jammed up with that sticky mud that the wheel would not turn anymore. Luckily my friend (Jim Thompson Jr.) who was on the same minute and the only one with any tools helped me take it off. Afraid my dad would be mad if I lost the fender, I managed to wedge it and duct tape (everyones best friend right) across the front handlebars and finish the race. So when the old Limon reliability enduro is mentioned that is the one race out of all of the ones I have ridden that I have the fondest memories of. Thought I would share and I will see you Sept. 6th.

Hey everyone! We went scouting last week and I couldn't be happier with the terrain and potential we have waiting for you. We just got the final "OK" from the landowner and are moving forward with the plans. We hope to have a little more information as well as pictures of the area, soon.

Stay tuned, it'll be a "gooder"

Hey everyone! We went scouting last week and I couldn't be happier with the terrain and potential we have waiting for you. We just got the final "OK" from the landowner and are moving forward with the plans. We hope to have a little more information as well as pictures of the area, soon.

Stay tuned, it'll be a "gooder"

Holy cow, another bunch of old guys coming out of the past to put on a race. If Ken the Merfman says the terrain looks great it will be a great event. Limon was always over Memorial weekend and this one is over Labor Day weekend. You don't want to miss this one.

Thanks Jary! I'm pretty stoked to just be "back at work" with these guys!

I'm hoping to have some videos and pictures soon. We had a blast just imagining the course. It's really really strange to have complete control and to put the trails where WE want them! I was really excited after seeing what we get to play with, I really think we'll have another great event to add to the RMEC lineup!

Hopefully the 3-day weekend will make life easier for the racers since most won't have to hurry home to be at work on Monday.

Look for a promo for the event in the next issue of the Checkpoint....

Guys, I was with Merf last scouting trip and will help with the race.

You don't want to miss this one.

It is close to Denver (just south of Pueblo), got some really neat terrain and have some people putting the race on that really know what they are doing!

Put it on your calendar now....