Does Jetting with the JD kit always go like this?

I have 2005 S

I did the 3x3 mod

I installed the jet kit exactly as the well written JD directions indicated.

The bike started up and ran perfect, no tuning, nothing.

I have never worked on a carb on any vehicle and had this happen. I am a bit nervous now.

One other thing. I ordered the JD kit, the float bowl screws and the extended fuel screw. I did not need the extra screws because the JD kit included them (did not see that info anywhere here). Also, the fuel screw did not fit my carb. Stock 2005 S carb. Is there are link with pics so that I can see what the stock versus the Kientech screw look like?

Thanks

Rompa

The bike started up and ran perfect, no tuning, nothing.

I have never worked on a carb on any vehicle and had this happen.

You are not alone... ?

That's how it went for me, too. It was a struggle to get the carb in, but everything worked fine. I think the float bowl screws being included in the kit has been mentioned a few times here and there... I'm not sure about your fuel screw, though. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge will chime in.

-Rob

The kit didn't include the bowl screws when I ordered the kit for DRZ #1. When I ordered the kit for DRZ #2 I tried to order additional bowl screws, but the TT guys informed me they are now included in the kit.

If you removed the stock fuel screw and the new one does not fit, they may have inadvertently sent you a screw for an FCR.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INT_KIENTECH_DRZSFMS

That is the kientech screw I used.

BTW you should try some trial and error to make sure the tuning is perfect on the fuel mixture screw. I thought mine was good just because it ran so much better than before....but like I said it still needed a little tweaking.

Yep, mine went fine too, no problems at all.

WHen you had the Keintech fuel screw fitted, did you adjust it to 2.75 turns out, start the motor then winding the fuel screw all the way in so it gently bottoms out, the motor should die.

Without looking I'm pretty sure my Keintech fuel screw didn't screw so far in you could see the threads, so it sounds like your screw fits ok.

my install went perfectly and i never touched a carb before that.

actually, my throttle cable was a bit tight after install, causing it to idle very high (glowing header pipe after 30 seconds of idle lol)

loosened her up and perfect.

starts if i just tap the button now. =P

I have the JD kit, 3x3 mod, and Keintech fuel screw on my 2004 S. The Kientech fuel screw went in with no problems. Make sure it's for the Mikuni BSR carb not the FCR. A friend ordered the same set up for his 07 SM and was sent the wrong fuel screw by mistake. Don't try to force it the fine pitch threads damage easily.