Sign in to follow this  

ACCT or MCCT?

Yup, I’m a rookie. I have a photo in my garage of my cam chain tensioner….can anyone tell me if it is an ACCT or MCCT?

I bought this bike (2003 400S) late last summer…previously owned by one guy who was a Suzuki mechanic. Still figuring out all that he had mod’ed. Recently noticed when doing my unibiker guards that he had done the 3x3, no clue on the jets. All I was told is that he 'ported out the valves'....not exactly sure what that specifically means.....no biggie...rides like a champ. If anyone checks the bike in my garage…there’s a photo of the carb…..is that stock?

Thanx

Definitely go for the MCCT. I waited until 9K miles on DRZ#1 before getting rid of the ACCT and couldn't believe the amount of chain guide wear the tensoiner probably caused. DRZ #2 got an MCCT just about the instant I got it home.

For the record, DRZ #1 is still running fine, but if you look at the adjustment difference between the two bikes the wear is obvious on the '06.

thanks for the heads up Bronc....I need to get on the MCCT upgrade.

Yah Roundeye, he was a KTM fan. When I got it, it was virtually all orange (including fork boots). I've replaced some plastic and painted others w/ black Krylon to get here to where she is now = Helloween style!! Really diggen the bike = hooked!