Need flywheel weight feedback RM250 2008

I have tried a 13 oz and 6 oz and no flywheel weight on my RM250 2008. It has a Pro Curcuit Platt II pipe with silencer with V-Force cage. The clutch is Hinson basket and pressure plate if that matters. The 13 oz is to slow reving. The 6 oz is better but a little lazy when you snap the throttle and need instant repsonce (takes a little clutch banging) to get the drive you are looking for. The no weight in a corner will raise the front tire a little much if the rear tire bites, and breaks the rear tire loose in wet surfaces. I am a VET A rider, so I feel there can be a happy combo. This is my question. I ride motocross only. What is everybody running? Weight yes / no or sproket change with flywheel weight. Thanks

If it's a Steahly off road FWW, send it back to them and ask them to shave off some weight from the FWW so you can tune it for your riding condition better. However, a sprocket change may have very similar effect. Try 14/52 or 13/50 along with a shorty style muffler for lots of snap on a MX track.

• Like 1

If it's a Steahly off road FWW, send it back to them and ask them to shave off some weight from the FWW so you can tune it for your riding condition better. However, a sprocket change may have very similar effect. Try 14/52 or 13/50 along with a shorty style muffler for lots of snap on a MX track.

I did not think to have them shave it to 3 oz. I did not know they did that. It would be perfect. I gave you good gas for the idea. Thanks ?

I did not think to have them shave it to 3 oz. I did not know they did that. It would be perfect. I gave you good gas for the idea. Thanks ?

No problem. You might actually not need the weight trimmed on either FWW if you did the gearing change and shorty mod. If anything take the 13 down to a 8 ounce. Tim Ferry and other Yamaha pro riders use a GYTR replacement FW that has a 8 ounce weight integrated. Works well for them for MX SX and GNCC.

No problem. You might actually not need the weight trimmed on either FWW if you did the gearing change and shorty mod. If anything take the 13 down to a 8 ounce. Tim Ferry and other Yamaha pro riders use a GYTR replacement FW that has a 8 ounce weight integrated. Works well for them for MX SX and GNCC.

When did Ferry go back to Yamaha?