Sign in to follow this  

Anybody heard of these?

Looks like a modern version of the old fiberglass bodied VW dune buggy conversions.

You'd think they could have used a better power plant than that POS 3 cylinder GEO motor though.

Looks like a glorified Rhino.

Introductory price $8,995. (53 HP)

110 HP Reeper Turbo *$11,495

Way better deal then a Rhino!!!

Those Geo motors are actually really good engines, super reliable and suprisingly torquey. For a car that small, you don't need much more power than that. Also, the engines are dirt cheap, so are parts. If those are street legal, I think I see my new car In the future.

you couldn't even stick a pencil in those exhausts!

they look pretty fun to drive, tho

Add a turbo for a "whooping" 110hp, but I guess the whole things is not very heavy.

Those Geo motors are actually really good engines, super reliable and suprisingly torquey. For a car that small, you don't need much more power than that. Also, the engines are dirt cheap, so are parts. If those are street legal, I think I see my new car In the future.
The all new 2011 Reepers are now 49 state street legal and available with 4x4!!!

Lemmee guess which state they are not street legal in...:smashpc:

Lemmee guess which state they are not street legal in...:smashpc:

yes in oct.8 in delta Colorado at the chev dealer

It doesn't look bad on paper but think about it. It has an 812cc motor, way to small for sand, it doesn't have any more suspension travel than a slightly lifted cj so rocks are out, it doesn't have big enough tires for mud, and its too wide for quad trails. So being in a purpose built 4x4 it is worse than a street legal lifted cj5 which can be had for $6000.

Not to mention that this is a Chinese buggy. Lots of folks have bought Chinese bikes and buggies and found that instead of getting what looked like a really good deal compared to known quality products from companies like Polaris and Yamaha, they bought something that broke quickly and with questionable after sale parts and service.

Interesting the pictures were shot at Glamisa 3 years agoin 2008. I wonder if this is even legal off-road in California, as that would require certification by CARB.

The Chery motor is not so bad for durability, but as mentioned already, it is underpowered for sand. The biggest reliability issue is the suspension components, which are usually cheap knock-offs using inferior materials.