Sign in to follow this  

twisting bar prevention?

Get a strap type top bar clamp, like Pro Circuit or Applied. The force has to go somewhere though, so if you are running 7/8 in. bars they are more likely to bend. If you are running 1-1/8 in. with the strap setup, you will be more likely to have your forks twist in the clamps.

Get a strap type top bar clamp, like Pro Circuit or Applied. The force has to go somewhere though, so if you are running 7/8 in. bars they are more likely to bend. If you are running 1-1/8 in. with the strap setup, you will be more likely to have your forks twist in the clamps.
That's how I see it. The impact energy has to be absorbed somehow. I'd rather the cones moved a little, instead of my bars bending, or triples moving on the fork tubes. Also the braced/strap top clamp for the bars will stop the bars getting twisted, but still give a little movement.

My setup is stock and I just run the bar clamps at about 25nm which I think is tight. My ideal setup would be a brace top clamp, and not torque the main cone mount bolts so tight to maintain ample energy absorption, and even give a smoother ride. I'm not a fan of heavy bars either.

i think i have a zeta clamp like your talking about for 7/8 bars.if interested ill go out to the garage and look.