Slip on mufflers for a 05 CRF450X

When you are looking, keep this in mind: just because a can comes off of R other than a 2005, it doesn't mean it won't fit your X.

This is because some aftermarket R cans fit more than just one model year. Some manufacturers, like FMF, use a bracket that slides a half to one inch, to accomlish this. So, if you see a used FMF can off of an '05, '06, '07, or '08 R, it will fit any year X.

Some brands other than FMF may also do this, but I'm not sure.

As Barrio states though, only the the 2005R OEM can will fit the X.

And this is why I asked one piece or two piece.

They are right when they say only 2005 r will only fit The crf450x. 2005 r is unique to is own the center mount is about 9/16 of a inch further back from flange that meets the header pipe.

Witch the can mounting bracket will be off about the same

I removed the bracket on a 2006 R and re welled it it works fine.

Now I have used the big gun with the mid pipe and the can that held together with two springs just like the pro circuit and you can make the can mounting braket line up beause the springs will alow the can to be moved in to place. But if someone out there disagrees. Please comment

Thank you all so much. That is very helpful. How much difference will an after market muffler like an FMF make in performance of the CRF450X? I had an 03 CRF450R before I bought the 05 X and I love the X. But the stock muffler spark arrester seems very restrictive.

Thank you all so much. That is very helpful. How much difference will an after market muffler like an FMF make in performance of the CRF450X? I had an 03 CRF450R before I bought the 05 X and I love the X. But the stock muffler spark arrester seems very restrictive.

If you run a FMF or something similar, you will feel the difference, particularly in the mid-range and top end.

The stocker is not too bad flow-wise, if you do the baffle mod, explained on this site. Even after the baffle mod though, the stocker is very, very heavy, and to make matters worse, all that weight is up high.

If you want a really good setup, stick with the stock header, and get a 2005R can.

If you run a FMF or something similar, you will feel the difference, particularly in the mid-range and top end.

The stocker is not too bad flow-wise, if you do the baffle mod, explained on this site. Even after the baffle mod though, the stocker is very, very heavy, and to make matters worse, all that weight is up high.

If you want a really good setup, stick with the stock header, and get a 2005R can.

? Ya! Four-Fifty-X is Right on the Money. Stock header / R can!!

And the X can sounds like a tin can especially after the baffle is modified the pitch or the sound it made. would make my ears ring ?