Sign in to follow this  

93 CR 250 Clutch plates

Hey guys, I am getting ready to put in new plates and springs for the bike. The Manual shows the OEM plates have notches to line up, but the kit I have does not have the notches, the manual doesn't show these notches connecting with anything in the basket. Will this be a problem? I am not sure if anyone has done the clutch on the 93 on up models that could tell me. I just don't want to get in there and find out that I have to order OEM.

The other question is, the manual shows taking off the right side crank case cover to get to the clutch but is actually showing a full tear down of the basket, again, has anyone done this on the older Hondas and can I just take the clutch cover off to get the old plates out and the new ones in?

Thanks again guys

No special alignment is necessary with clutch plates just stack them in. The right side cover does not need to be removed, either. Just pull the clutch cover and remove the 6 bolts with springs to get the pressure plate off. If the inner hub and pressure plate are in good condition then no further disassembly is required.