Sign in to follow this  

Some quick ?'s

I have a 1997 Cr250 that im rebuilding and im all ready to go back together and thats where u guys come in.What kind of coolant should i use,i dont want to use Engine Ice cuz it aint cheap and if i do more rebuilds,its gonna get pricey.I heard Peak 50/50 is good?I am in need of a top end gasket kit and i was wondering what brand i should get like Cometic,Athena,etc.Also what reeds should i get?Need to know ASAP so i can start riding!:)

I have a 1997 Cr250 that im rebuilding and im all ready to go back together and thats where u guys come in.What kind of coolant should i use,i dont want to use Engine Ice cuz it aint cheap and if i do more rebuilds,its gonna get pricey.I heard Peak 50/50 is good?I am in need of a top end gasket kit and i was wondering what brand i should get like Cometic,Athena,etc.Also what reeds should i get?Need to know ASAP so i can start riding!:banghead:

I use full strength Advanced Auto Parts brand then mix it my self 'cause you get 2 gallons of coolant for about $2 more than the 1 gallon of 50/50. With the gaskets stay with OEM they seem to last longer and do a better job of holding up IMO. I put V-Force Reeds on my '05 and they ROCK!. But with the coolant def. buy the full strength an mix it yourself. :)

yeah, don't use cometic, I used cometic and I had problems like a coolant leak, and they just didn't line up right, the head gasket was stainless steel but the quality was not nearly as good as the oem Honda head gasket. I would also highly reccommend the hp coolant, it is freer flowing than automotive coolant I think and it is not too expensive. hope this helps.:)

i went with Moose gasket kit...they were a decent price and ive heard good things about them