Sign in to follow this  

Ride Sat/Sun 21/22 March Tucson area?

I talked to Kevin (rumplefester) last night and we are gonna do a ride down his way either that Sat or Sun. Plates required, level of difficulty to be determined. Harry and I discussed this as well, and I have room in my truck or can take the trailer if anyone wants to meet me in Casa Grande and head down together. Maybe a ride to the top of Mt Lemmon, maybe a ride near Reddington, maybe you have an idea? I think we could work in a bbq back in Casa Grande afterwards, or ?

If you are going to be near San Manuel at any piont on sat. the 21st, come and check out the race. AMRA copper Classic presented by TRS. Big bikes go at 9:00 kids to follow the end of that race.

Geo.

well if your going to hit up mt. lemmon, you will be super close to san manuel. and because that is out of my backdoor, i will be going to the copper classic. anyways, i wouldn't go to redington, because it is trashed by everyone one out there dumping there trash and shooting it up. and mt lemmon is ok, its not my style of riding. its all a smooth and a 15ft wide road. i would perfer going to the tangerine road parking area and ride around the tortillita mountains. i live pretty much right there and ride it almost every week. there is a lot of single track, wash, & jeep trails. wilmont rd. is a great place too, but you should probably go after a desent rain. overall, there is so much riding down here, you just have to know the good spots. :):):banghead::):banghead::)

Tom, if we do Sat, I think I can talk Tina into doing beers and bbq after the ride. I make some killer baby back ribs!

As far as the ride goes, I'm up for something more challenging than Mt. Lemmon.

redrider, have you done Bellota ranch loop out of reddington? It heads out to Chimney rock... it's got a lot of everything, jeep road, steep ascents/descents, wash, river rock, rock climbs, single track, cows...

A possiblility for the ride is to do the Bellota ranch loop off Reddington pass, drop down into San Manuel, over to Mammoth for gas, ride the railroad trail (along the river) to Dudleyville, then back through Willow Springs.

Tom, if we do Sat, I think I can talk Tina into doing beers and bbq after the ride. I make some killer baby back ribs!

redrider, have you done Bellota ranch loop out of reddington? It heads out to Chimney rock... it's got a lot of everything, jeep road, steep ascents/descents, wash, river rock, rock climbs, single track, cows...

A possiblility for the ride is to do the Bellota ranch loop off Reddington pass, drop down into San Manuel, over to Mammoth for gas, ride the railroad trail (along the river) to Dudleyville, then back through Willow Springs.

Sat sounds good to me. I am up for whatever, keeping in mind i will be on the DR350, as i got rid of the 2 smoke a few weeks back. But the 350 will go 'bout anywhere. Who else is in? Redrider? Harry? Can we set it up for Sat?

Tom, what time would I meet you at Casa Grande?

It would be good to head down together, but I won't be hanging around Tucson or Casa Grande after the ride. Well, maybe for a little while, but not for eats. So maybe we need to take separate trucks?

Tom, what time would I meet you at Casa Grande?

It would be good to head down together, but I won't be hanging around Tucson or Casa Grande after the ride. Well, maybe for a little while, but not for eats. So maybe we need to take separate trucks?

I gotta talk to Kevin. But I am thinking bout 8? We got at least an hour ride to meet Kevin, depending on route,more like 1.5 hrs. I will look here and try to call him today. Are you in for sure, or is this a Harry yes?:)

Tell me more about teh rr trail...Map? GPS tracks? Aint goin this weekend but interested in that trail. Thanks..Have a great ride.

I'm in for sure.

So in other words a Harry maybe. :):banghead:

So in other words a Harry maybe. :):banghead:

:foul::p

I see you still like that damn banana Brett!:banghead:

Just got off the phone with Kevin, he is gonna post up with more info but we are meeting at his place in Oro Valley.

OK, here's the plan so far. Meet at my house at 9am, unload, B.S., armour up, etc...:foul:

The route will probably head north through Willow Springs toward Dudleyville (not on the main road)... from there, I haven't decided yet...

I do know that we will probably end up doing 150+ miles and will take 4-5 hours. My buddy Phil will be our determining factor for gas stops as he only gets ~80 to reserve.:banghead: I'm not planning a lunch stop, so be prepared with trail food.

After the ride I am inviting everyone back to my house for beer & bbq (or other beverages if you don't drink). :banghead: I am planning on cooking my special baby back ribs, and we'll have varous other eats too.

So far we have 5 riders committed (right Harry?) for the ride. Would like to get one or two more to join up. :)

I will finalize the route tomorrow, as tonite my son has a gig at a local club and we will be there to cheer them on.

That's all I know for now...

- KeVin

Yeah, I'm in. I'm picking Tom up and we'll drive down together.

Five riders is plenty. Especially if it's going to be dusty on the roads/trails. We don't need anymore, in my opinion.

I hope you make the ride difficult, Kevin. Difficult for me, that is.

OK, here's the plan so far. Meet at my house at 9am, unload, B.S., armour up, etc...:foul:

The route will probably head north through Willow Springs toward Dudleyville (not on the main road)... from there, I haven't decided yet...

I do know that we will probably end up doing 150+ miles and will take 4-5 hours. My buddy Phil will be our determining factor for gas stops as he only gets ~80 to reserve.:banghead: I'm not planning a lunch stop, so be prepared with trail food.

After the ride I am inviting everyone back to my house for beer & bbq (or other beverages if you don't drink). :banghead: I am planning on cooking my special baby back ribs, and we'll have varous other eats too.

So far we have 5 riders committed (right Harry?) for the ride. Would like to get one or two more to join up. :)

I will finalize the route tomorrow, as tonite my son has a gig at a local club and we will be there to cheer them on.

That's all I know for now...

- KeVin

Right on Kevin. Right up my alley. +1 on what Harry said 'bout difficulty:banana:

Right on Kevin. Right up my alley. +1 on what Harry said 'bout difficulty:banana:

Ok, then this changes things a bit. Hmmmm..... :)

More tomorrow...

- KeVin

Well, don't sweat it too much! Whatever and wherever we end up riding -- it'll all be good! :)

I live up in Catalina and I'd love to join you guys but I have a small ride of my own planned for Rail X Sat. A buddy of mine just got a new quad(Polaris Scrambler) so my normal riding buddy(WR450) and I are taking him out for his maiden voyage. Be sure you guys post the route conditions and pictures after the ride. I have a 4x4 trip planned in a few weeks that heads up willow springs on up to Kelvin. We hope to ride the RR tracks along the Gila the first day of the 4x4 trip. After that we plan to hit up Roosevelt for fishing on the second day.

Thanks in advance for keeping me posted.

I guess the rr trail is a secret.

Bill, not a secret, just not that exciting really. Basically it's an easement road along the railroad tracks that runs from Mammoth to Dudleyville. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice little ride with great views of the river valley. It's just not very challenging. The nice thing about it is that you can avoid 15 miles of highway. I will be posting up the route (KMZ) in a little while and you will see what I mean.

Too bad you wont be able to join us. It would be good to see you again.

Later...

- KeVin