Sign in to follow this  

OffRoad Cajun Classic National Enduro, Round 4 - postponed

Who's going?

Anyone ridden in this area before - Kisatchie National Forest in Louisiana? What's the terrain like?

I'm headed down and never ridden in LA before.

Thanks.

a little sand

usually it is cut tight

a little more sand

sometimes there isnt sand. like when you are in your garage...at home.

and just when you thought you might be in a little bit of sand in that tight section, along comes the sandy part.

test 4 is named Silicon Dioxide.

oh, and if it goes to raining. forget a poncho, get pontoons!

LOL, Tight woods, Open woods, Pine forests, some hardpack whoops and plenty of roots and pinestraw. Watch out for drop offs and steep hill climbs. Do not get off trail. Former Army Base. Plenty of bunkers , concrete blocks , former building foundations around. Not to mention barb wire.

Dwight

So are you telling me I should leave my sand tires from Daytona on the bike?

I saw the forest was on land that used to be an army base. We have a forest like that around here in Southeastern Massachusetts. No dirtbikes allowed there, but I mountain bike there alot. I know what you mean by all of the booby-traps.

I hear you on the rain, too. Very low elevation, nowhere for the rain to go. The weather channel website shows them behind the avg. rainfall so far this year. Of course, that means nothing if they get a big storm just before, or during the event.

Looks like they got almost 4" of rain over the past few days. I guess I spoke too soon about it being dry. More in the forecast next week, too.

I appreciate the tire selection tips. I run Maxxis, I'll go w/ the Maxcross SI.

I was working on our enduro about 20-30miles further south. Very little mud and even dust in places. Not saying it will be completely dry but it should be almost perfect conditions if it doesn't pour the night before. I plan on being there early Saturday. OH, Spoke with some of the Forest Rangers this weekend and the USFS will be out in force. They do a lot to help control the local ATV riders but they also supervise the Sound and Spark arrestor tests and will be roaming the course during the event. Make sure your bike is legal.

Dwight

Dwight, That's good to hear. I was nervous with all of the flood warnings on the Weather Channel's website.

Anyone know if there will be a food vendor there or should I plan on stocking the ice chest before I leave?

Anyone know if there will be a food vendor there or should I plan on stocking the ice chest before I leave?

Stock your ice chest.

Dwight

Stock your ice chest.

Dwight

That's all I needed to hear.

Good luck everyone!

:thumbsup:

The worst was a fast moving narrow band. Light rain now. If it doesn't rain much more Thursday and Friday it will be perfect. Got almost none earlier today with the first band.

Dwight

To anyone heading to LA for the Nat'l - DON'T! the race has been postponed due to rain - Forest Service shut the event down. A new date is in the works, check nationalenduro.com for updates.

-d

and as of 1:49pm:

March 26, 2009

Cajun Classic National Postponed

Due to heavy rains over the past two days, the forest service that manages the land used for the Cajun Classic National Enduro has pulled the permit needed to run the event this week end.

All parties involved are currently looking at a new date to reschedule the event, and should be available latter today.

Yeah, I just found out about an hour ago, as I checked the website one last time before rolling out! I had checked this morning before work, saw nothing; checked at lunch, saw nothing; rushed home early to finish packing up the Fun Mover...and boy, was I glad I checked that one last time!

I hope they pick a date that works. I was really looking forward to this one.

On the flip side, I'm glad the forest management did the right thing and didn't allow us to possibly make a huge mess of the woods. When that happens around here, the tree huggers end up taking pictures and creating a public relations nightmare.

See you in Tennessee next month.