Sign in to follow this  

Mounting CRG mirrors?

Can you mount crgs inside of controls on the sm fatbar? If anyone has done this hit me up with some pics or any info. Im lookin at the 2 inchers just to be legal, dont rally care how good they work. I always turn and look before i change lanes.:)

I had mine mounted inside of the switches where the bar is the normal 7/8 diameter. I'll check if I have a pic.

Here's the crg hindsight on my drz... I'm sure you could find enough room next to the controls for it if you needed it farther in on the bar.

mirror.jpg

mirror2.jpg

No pic... but they were hooked just inside the switches and the irror was over the switches.

It was the Blindsight model though, yours is a little bigger so that setup might not work as well.

the mirrors have a 7/8 diameter clamp right, so you can put them on the bar where it is 7/8 of an inch. Before it gets fatter it should fit correct, also how good do they work mounted inboard?

That's the way mine were setup too... Worked fine for me and they are kinda protected if you drop the bike.

thanks to all especially smrookie, the pic says a thousand words, those are the 2 inchers, correct. Also i see they work with handgaurds, what handgaurds you got on that bike smrookie.

thanks to all especially smrookie,

Glad to be of help!:)

the pic says a thousand words, those are the 2 inchers, correct.

They're 3" Motrax(Cycle Gear) Billet bar end mirrors. The adjustable "blindspot" ones on the left are 2". I'm thinking of getting smaller, 2" CRG's but I haven't got the courage to spend that much $$ on them yet.

Also i see they work with handgaurds, what handgaurds you got on that bike smrookie.

Those handguards originally started being Acerbis "Multiplo" handguards w/ Cycra side triple clamp mounts. Then, they became Acerbis "race(aluminum shield)" handguards, then I added the SM sliders, and switched-out the handshields to "Multiconcept/SM" shields. Now, they're similar to the Acerbis "Supermoto" handguards without the bend on the actual aluminum bar.

Thanks everyone again. Just ordered some mirrors from cycle gear. ill get some pics of my bike with the mirrors when they come.