Sign in to follow this  

new 07 CRF 250 or new 08 YZF 250?

going from cr 125 and looking to buy 4 stroke. We like Honda, but was looking at Yamaha for reliability. What do you honda guys think about the 2 bikes. The yamaha guys are saying top end will last way longer then the Honda's. Do Honda's really go through valves that bad. They say as long as you maintain them they are good. Pros and Cons please .

Thanks-

As long as you maintain them they are good. Earlier bikes has issues, mostly solved in 06 though. The YZ in general has a top end that lasts longer or so people say. Thought mine was going, but I shimmed it and it has not moved since. Not unusual to do one adjustment. The YZ is heavier and slower but really any bike is good these days.

For me I'd do the Honda, Kawi, Zook, Yamaha, KTM in the 250 class in that order.

Have you read shootouts and tests? Lots of info and opinions there too. here is one off the top of a goggle search.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=105E64E5BC1F470184BF4C53EF1C894F

Good luck!

Who's "'we"???? You gotta mouse in your pocket???

The CRFs are badass bikes and I really couldn't/can't/won't find a reason to swap brands. I like the rhythm of wrenching on the Hondas. I'm on my 5th CRF. :)