shock shaft rechrome, where to send it?

We don't re chrome them here, I have a guy that makes a new one out of chrome bar, the end price to the customer with courier costs back and forth is $220.00 NZ. Its not cheap but way cheaper than getting a new one from a manufacturer. Everyone expects everything for nothing but you got to get with reality if you want quality. If you can find a good fitter and turner you might be able to get the same done, but they will need the old shaft to copy. If he's a mate and good enough he might do it cheap for you.

new ones for a kyb is only $60, dont get it rechromed its a nightmare, i spend hours and hours doing one.You have to strip the internals, then refit new parts after the chroming, and if the pitting is bad the chrome doesnt always cover it well enough, it will beed to be ground back, filled with weld, reground and then chromed.

Thanks for the response guys. Yeah, pretty much after calling around I found out rechroming is just too expensive. I bought a new one for $192 + $30 shipping. Comes with a new clevis and needle. I don't know if its possible to buy just the shaft for a showa.