Sign in to follow this  

Fork Seal Question

How bad is it to take a ride on a bike with bad fork seals? I got an offer on my 125 i just got done with and my buddy tightened it down too tight on the truck and blew the fork seals out:foul: adn the guy interested in it would like to take a ride on it to seal the deal to buy it for his son.. Should i let him take it for a quick ride or take a chance at losing the deal and tell him i need to change them first?

Getting rid of the 125 already? Haha.

I would tell him exactly what happened so it doesn't appear you are hiding anything. That being said, it cant really hurt for a quick test ride.

How bad is it to take a ride on a bike with bad fork seals? I got an offer on my 125 i just got done with and my buddy tightened it down too tight on the truck and blew the fork seals out:foul: adn the guy interested in it would like to take a ride on it to seal the deal to buy it for his son.. Should i let him take it for a quick ride or take a chance at losing the deal and tell him i need to change them first?

I hate to laugh but haha:lol: that sucks. anyway that happens to a lot of people. I don't think it will hurt riding the bike as long as he's not jumping the hell out of it. If he notices act like you didn't know anything about it because if you say that you knew he'll get pissed and probably won't buy it. but that's just me. One last ride won't hurt it.

Getting rid of the 125 already? Haha.

I would tell him exactly what happened so it doesn't appear you are hiding anything. That being said, it cant really hurt for a quick test ride.

He offered me double what i have in it. And im picking up a 250 tomorrow anyways.. And i told him about what happened and he asked if it was still ok to take a ride on it, then iposted the ?? on here..

He offered me double what i have in it. And im picking up a 250 tomorrow anyways.. And i told him about what happened and he asked if it was still ok to take a ride on it, then iposted the ?? on here..

Just ride it, then get them fixed.

By the way there's no way you can blow fork seals just from tightening the bike too firm on a trailer... they need grit or dirt in them before they go... so go easy on your buddy.

Just ride it, then get them fixed.

By the way there's no way you can blow fork seals just from tightening the bike too firm on a trailer... they need grit or dirt in them before they go... so go easy on your buddy.

Exactly. The only issue with riding bad fork seals is if they leak on the brake caliper.

I hate to laugh but haha:lol: that sucks. anyway that happens to a lot of people. I don't think it will hurt riding the bike as long as he's not jumping the hell out of it. If he notices act like you didn't know anything about it because if you say that you knew he'll get pissed and probably won't buy it. but that's just me. One last ride won't hurt it.

your a jackass ha:lol: that is just you!

If tying it down blew the seals, imagine what a hard landing from a jump would do.

Its not your pals fault, I hate to tell you.....The seals were just ready to go is all.

Let the guy ride the bike, all they will do is seep a bit of oil, no big deal.

Tell him up front the seals are toast, and need replacing.

Its not really a hard, or expensive thing to fix.

No, im not mad at my buddy at all.. I just like joking about everything he touches breaks.. lol.. Well he came and said the bike was too nice for his son to learn on?????????? Beats me!! So now i have a 250 and a 125. haha

Spring is here, its bike selling season, so it will go soon I'm sure. :)