Sign in to follow this  

drz400e

im close to buyin this 2000 drz400e the guys says he took good care of it and it has stock sprockets and chain. does this bike if he took care of it have alot of life left?? or should i wait and get a crf450x??

You're asking a DRZ forum if you should maybe wait and get a CRF ??? LOL

The FAQ section has a 'what to look for' write up when buying used I believe

E's always had the better suspension, carb, base gasket cams.

If it is in good shape and cheap, go for it.

Will go forever. Unless the guy abused it.

Sounds like you are looking at two totally different bikes. Regardless of what you buy I'd say go for a bike that looks like it was taken care of. I've looked at a lot of bikes (and owned 4 different bikes) and I can honestly say that the ones that look like they were cared for most likely were....and the "deals" that are out there for bikes that look like they were not taken care of...well I'd pass on those regardless of the price. Not too long ago I test rode a guys KDX200 in a parking lot (we met half way) and I could tell from looking at it something was not right. After a 45 second test ride, 2 bolts fell off the bike and the chain was skipping off the main sprocket. Needless to say I thanked him for meeting me and gladly helped him put the bike back in HIS truck.

I bought a 2000 DRZ400e a few months ago and love it. I mostly just trail ride with the kids and ride small MX tracks....this bike does everything I need it too with way more power than I need....but it's certainly fun to twist the throttle! And with an FMF PowerCore 4V2 exhaust, it sounds like a racecar!! Best part of all is the "magic" button!