Sign in to follow this  

Anyone trail ride their 09 CRF 450?

Like the topic says. I'd like to ride some trails with my 09 but without a skid plate and header pipe, I'm a litte nervous. What are some of your thoughts?

T

My friend has an 09 stock and we single track trail ride all the time and hes never had a problem with anything. i think youll be fine

I do highly recommend the skid plate though. I had a rock hit the case underneath and punctured a hole. Nothing a little bit of JB Weld couldn't fix but it can definitely happen. The worst part is, I had just bought the skid plate a few days before that but opted not to put it on before riding that weekend because " what are the odds a rock punturing the case"???? Well, at this point I can say the odds were about 100%! I ended up with the Works Connection.

I've trail rode in the mud and snow 3 out of the last 4 days with my 09; logging around 200 miles on mostly singletrack trails. The bike has worked really well for me. Granted, I've done some things to the suspension to plushen it up, but overall, I'm impressed. Also, I do have a Works Connection glide plate and case protector. I won't ride without that stuff after seeing some of the damage my skid plate and case protectors took on my 06 CRF.

Go with a Ricochet skid plate from Rocky Mountain ATV if you want full protection.

Photo0017.jpg

I have a Ricochet too, but WC recently added a "full" skid plate to their line-up that I would have gone w/ had they had it @ the same time I was purchasing if for no other reason that I had never heard of Ricochet - even though they're located about 20 minutes from me!

The Ricochet is DAMN tuf though.