Sign in to follow this  

Dems screwing Cali MC riders again.....

When are you folks that vote for these liberals gonna learn that all they want is your wallet. AND NO....the right doesn't do this kind of crap.

Senate Bill 435, introduced by California Democrap State Senator Pavley proposes smog checks on motorcycles, beginning January 1st, 2012, for all plated motorcycles model year 2000 or newer.

Bill here.

She is also hand in hand with Al Gore.:)

Good thing they're looking out for the air we breathe... while cargo ships steam up and down the west coast burning bunker oil. One ship probably dumps more crap into the air than all the motorcyles in the country.

It's not about the air.:banghead:

Its about controlling your life and increasing the size of government.:)

It's not about the air.:banghead:

Its about controlling your life and increasing the size of government.:)

I think you missed the irony in his post... :banghead: His point was worrying about an insignificant source of pollution and ignoring much greater polluters.

But, I agree with your point as well. And, I'm so glad I left the state when I could.

Good thing their looking out for the air we breathe... while cargo ships steam up and down the west coast burning bunker oil. One ship probably dumps more crap into the air than all the motorcylce in the country.

bunker oil is not permitted in US waters,it is used in international waters.

it sounds like your okay with the bill no matter the effect on our sport.

do you ride?

When are you folks that vote for these liberals gonna learn that all they want is your wallet. AND NO....the right doesn't do this kind of crap.

Senate Bill 435, introduced by California Democrap State Senator Pavley proposes smog checks on motorcycles, beginning January 1st, 2012, for all plated motorcycles model year 2000 or newer.

Bill here.

She is also hand in hand with Al Gore.:bonk

ca. is a democraticly controlled state,as in the last election libs dont mind getting screwed as long as its a lib doing the screwing them

Good thing they're looking out for the air we breathe... while cargo ships steam up and down the west coast burning bunker oil. One ship probably dumps more crap into the air than all the motorcyles in the country.

What do you propose? We use trucks to haul all the cargo? yeah.. much more efficient..:)

You know what, This whole "dem" and "Liberal" crap is old already. Quit saying it like it's an insult. You all have been too intense with your persecution of anything that you don't agree with.

I am a democrat, but I can safely say that I didn't vote for Boxer or any of her gang. It's more the posh, misinformed dorks who are your idea of a "DEM".

Instead of getting all pissy and ranting like a raging bull, provide decent reasons why this is BS.

Such as;

1). motorcycles are recreational vehicles, their use is not on regular basis, nor is it for an extended period of time.

2). Is this law for only Street oriented motorcycles, or is it for all motorcycles?

3). In the current state of the economy, the Government should not do anything that would prevent economical stimulation, such as the sale, maintenance, and modification of recreational motorcycles. (:). The Government should not be further expanding its spending in the creation of Smog programs while $40 billion in debt.

4). Why are the legislators not spending their time doing more productive things like allocating more funds for the schools...

OK, lets expand upon that,

PEACE,

DRX

You know what, This whole "dem" and "Liberal" crap is old already. Quit saying it like it's an insult. You all have been too intense with your persecution of anything that you don't agree with.

I am a democrat, but I can safely say that I didn't vote for Boxer or any of her gang. It's more the posh, misinformed dorks who are your idea of a "DEM".

Instead of getting all pissy and ranting like a raging bull, provide decent reasons why this is BS.

Such as;

1). motorcycles are recreational vehicles, their use is not on regular basis, nor is it for an extended period of time.

2). Is this law for only Street oriented motorcycles, or is it for all motorcycles?

3). In the current state of the economy, the Government should not do anything that would prevent economical stimulation, such as the sale, maintenance, and modification of recreational motorcycles. (:banghead:. The Government should not be further expanding its spending in the creation of Smog programs while $40 billion in debt.

4). Why are the legislators not spending their time doing more productive things like allocating more funds for the schools...

PEACE,

DRX

Just some observations, not insults, but...

If you didn't vote the party line, then you really aren't a Democrat, maybe you are just registered as one. It seems to me you are more of a pragmatic liberal or even an independent with with liberal leanings. The fact is that in the current political climate, it's usually the far-left and the liberal media who start the mudslinging. Conservatives have been trying to play a fair game but are essentially shut out of the media, with a few notable exceptions.

I do agree with your point though, that we would probably be better off not worrying about the source of the intrusion/regulation/etc, and spend more time fighting for our cause.

One of the earlier posters did make the point that these types of new laws are typically sponsored by the Democrats, and it's unfortunate, but as a party they are pretty much tied to this type of legislation whether it was sponsored by a Demo or not. The point that I'm trying to make here is that it's probably just as pointless trying to defend the Democrats against the "say it like it's an insult" people who are tired of having their lives intruded on and more taxes, etc. by the Democrats, whether its local or national.

Have fun out there!:)

trailhead

Just some observations, not insults, but...

If you didn't vote the party line, then you really aren't a Democrat, maybe you are just registered as one. It seems to me you are more of a pragmatic liberal or even an independent with with liberal leanings. The fact is that in the current political climate, it's usually the far-left and the liberal media who start the mudslinging. Conservatives have been trying to play a fair game but are essentially shut out of the media, with a few notable exceptions.

I do agree with your point though, that we would probably be better off not worrying about the source of the intrusion/regulation/etc, and spend more time fighting for our cause.

One of the earlier posters did make the point that these types of new laws are typically sponsored by the Democrats, and it's unfortunate, but as a party they are pretty much tied to this type of legislation whether it was sponsored by a Demo or not. The point that I'm trying to make here is that it's probably just as pointless trying to defend the Democrats against the "say it like it's an insult" people who are tired of having their lives intruded on and more taxes, etc. by the Democrats, whether its local or national.

Have fun out there!:)

trailhead

Except I am a democrat, because I believe in a "big" government (for the social service(police, hospitals, shelters and such)) . What I do not like is the intrusion of my privacy by the authorities (which in recent history has been done by the conservatives).

Regardless of Party affiliation, we as MOTORCYCLISTS need to unite and oppose legislation that could ruin the past time that we hold dear. Like the lead ban, all hands on deck for these causes are needed.

Who proposed the bill?

A Democrat.

So you COULD say the Democrat proposing this bill is screwing California Motorcyclists.

Look at Omnibus... Democrats voted for it pretty much unanimously. But, it would have only closed 2.1 million acreas of public land and the OHV access with it. :)http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/votes/111/house/1/117

I detest both parties, but the dems are overwhelmingly on the side with the greens who chip away at our sport daily.

If I were a dem, I'd look at how my elected officials voted on this and remember it when they are up for election.

Really, you want to come in and start that after two of us tried to pacify this K-dogg.

I could go on and list a page full of things the republicans have passed that are ruining/have ruined this state, but I wont because this bickering isn't in the best interest of the Motorcyclist community.

By the way, in the bill there are exemptions for the following;

(6) All motor vehicles that the department determines would

present prohibitive inspection or repair problems.

This means that if the motorcycle is altered to the point where it would be cost prohibitive to return it to stock form

(iii) The vehicle is being registered as a specially constructed

vehicle.

A CR500AF would be exempt, as would anything that is registered as special construction.

Also, if registered as a race vehicle, no smog. You cant ride it on the roads, but the laws don't say anything about OHV areas.

Also, the law says no where in it anything about OHV's at all. Chances are that it is for on-road bikes only.

Democrat or Replublican ... who the heck cares... I've never been asked my party affiliation when they lock the damn gates. I think we have to wise up and realize that as long as they keep us fighting: Dems vs. Repubs, black vs white, brown vs. black, liberal vs. conservative, street vs. dirt, 2 wheel vs. quads, straight vs. gay .... they got us right where they want us. You name it, they got a war for it ...

Who you ask? Well, in short, the "haves." That is those 1-2% who control the $$$$ and the "herd" (us) ...

If you have to worry about paying bills, or this damn recession (depression), or where your next dollar is coming from ... you're NOT a "have", you're a "have not"...

So wake the :banghead: up :)

Don't read this book by Howard Zinn titled "A People's History of the United States", you could find some truth there ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_People%27s_History_of_the_United_States

Dems have been screwing off-roaders in Cali for YEARS, and to say otherwise, you are mis-informed, or have your head somewhere other than your shoulders.

Dems have taken HUGE tracks of public lands from the public, have taken various types of weapons from the hands of responsible owners, and have imposed hundreds of taxes/fees that the Dem controlled assembly/legislature have wasted to point of nearly bankrupting the state.

Gov Arnold has NOT been much of a friend to off-roaders by taking green sticker monies, but still better than Gray Davis would have been.

And if you look at the track record of Republican congressional leaders here in So-Cal, like Bilbray, Issa, and Duncan Hunter. They fight for off-roaders, and for you to say otherswise, you are DEAD WRONG.

THE FACTS ARE .....DEMS TAX US, FEE US, AND TAKE AWAY THINGS/AREAS FROM US.

Now...I'd like to know the facts on what anyone from the right has done to screw us.:)

And thanks "mods" for moving this from TS where more folks would have seen this crap. Great job. <shaking head>

Really, you want to come in and start that after two of us tried to pacify this K-dogg.

I could go on and list a page full of things the republicans have passed that are ruining/have ruined this state, but I wont because this bickering isn't in the best interest of the Motorcyclist community.

Post it up, or it's hear-say and conjecture on YOUR part.

Dems have been screwing off-roaders in Cali for YEARS, and to say otherwise, you are mis-informed, or have your head somewhere other than your shoulders.

Dems have taken HUGE tracks of public lands from the public, have taken various types of weapons from the hands of responsible owners, and have imposed hundreds of taxes/fees that the Dem controlled assembly/legislature have wasted to point of nearly bankrupting the state.

Gov Arnold has NOT been much of a friend to off-roaders by taking green sticker monies, but still better than Gray Davis would have been.

And if you look at the track record of Republican congressional leaders here in So-Cal, like Bilbray, Issa, and Duncan Hunter. They fight for off-roaders, and for you to say otherswise, you are DEAD WRONG.

THE FACTS ARE .....DEMS TAX US, FEE US, AND TAKE AWAY THINGS/AREAS FROM US.

Now...I'd like to know the facts on what anyone from the right has done to screw us.:banghead:

And thanks "mods" for moving this from TS where more folks would have seen this crap. Great job. <shaking head>

I've talked to Issa, Bilbray and Hunter, so I'll vouch for that.:)

I would have to agree that the Dems are 100% against off road , onroad ,lakes ,...,guns..pretty much any "freedom" . Look at the " Thrill craft" adds ,about what not to do .

On Arnold ,yea,grabbin the sticker money is bunk ,but we all do that , "borrow" money that was for something else ,to pay another bill . Side note ..The state of Cal already owes a few cities money ,from back during Davis days . City of Cerritos "loaned" the state money long ago .

Except I am a democrat, because I believe in a "big" government (for the social service(police, hospitals, shelters and such)) . What I do not like is the intrusion of my privacy by the authorities (which in recent history has been done by the conservatives).

Regardless of Party affiliation, we as MOTORCYCLISTS need to unite and oppose legislation that could ruin the past time that we hold dear. Like the lead ban, all hands on deck for these causes are needed.

intrusions to your privacy? wow you really drank the liberal media mythology about george bush these last few years. BIG GOVERNMENT education is the intrusion, conservatives want home schools and school vouchers for private school. BIG GOVERMENT took thsoe children away from those church going folk down in texas last year. It was that democrat FEMALE govenor save the children do nothing governor of louisanna that did nothing but feel their pain and blame george bush for Katrina, Kool aid drinker.

Such as;

3). In the current state of the economy, the Government should not do anything that would prevent economical stimulation, such as the sale, maintenance, and modification of recreational motorcycles. (:foul:. The Government should not be further expanding its spending in the creation of Smog programs while $40 billion in debt.

PEACE,

DRX

:)

Neither did I.

(Look at the state of California, why is there a $40 billion deficit? Why are we firing cops and teachers, and unlocking prisoners? Who has been in charge of this state for the past 15 years?:banghead: ) But I digress...

By the way, in the bill there are exemptions for the following;

(6) All motor vehicles that the department determines would

present prohibitive inspection or repair problems.

This means that if the motorcycle is altered to the point where it would be cost prohibitive to return it to stock form

(iii) The vehicle is being registered as a specially constructed

vehicle.

A CR500AF would be exempt, as would anything that is registered as special construction.

Also, if registered as a race vehicle, no smog. You cant ride it on the roads, but the laws don't say anything about OHV areas.

Also, the law says no where in it anything about OHV's at all. Chances are that it is for on-road bikes only.

Bring it, as long as it is about issues facing the dirtbike community.

DRX, I applaud your stance and I wish more fair minded people would think this bill is ludicrous, but I have to say most people do not give a damn. The way I see it the only people affected by this bill are us off-roaders with non-factory plated dirtbikes and the guys who removed their stock SMOG crap from their bikes and through the stuff away (morons).

Every time something like this comes up I ask myself who is the &%$#@! creating more legislation for us dirtbikers to hop through?

More exposure.:banghead: