carb removal

ive been having a hard time trying to get the carb off my bike. ive got a JD kit and QS2 that im going to put on it, i will also be cleaning the carb and doing O ring mod to AP.

i tried going by the honda manuals directions, but theyre a JOKE - dont explain much, it seems like they want you to get frustrated and take it in to the stealership to get it done

so far i have the gas tank off, top mount of rear shock unbolted, rear sub frame unbolted, throttle position sensor disco'd, and the 2 clamps on the right and left of the carb loosened all the way. i tried pulling it back from the sub frame, and the only thing holding it back is the rubber tubes (between the carb and air box, and between the carb and engine) i tried pulling quite hard, but no dice - i cant imagine how hard it would be to put it back on

am i missing something here???

i did a search on here, found some instructions, but they didnt help

THANKS!

If it's the first time you are taking it off you are going to have to pull pretty damn hard. I did when I took mine off. Also as far as the clamps go. Loosen them alot. The clamp may visually looks loose enough but undo it to the point at which it is about to come apart.

If it's the first time you are taking it off you are going to have to pull pretty damn hard. I did when I took mine off. Also as far as the clamps go. Loosen them alot. The clamp may visually looks loose enough but undo it to the point at which it is about to come apart.

You really have to loosen them. That might be the key.