Sign in to follow this  

Can someone clarify the new 2 stroke rule changes for me please?

I am about a C class racer, and I am planning to make my way up to B or maybe even A

I am days from buying a bike and im not sure weather i should get a 250 or a 450f

What did the AMA change in the rules about 2 strokes? Does the rule only apply for pro racing? So 250's can now race with 250fs?

Somebody please explain it to me haha:thumbsup:

I enjoy my 2 strokes, and do alot of trail riding, but this year I want to be a little more compedative, should i move on to the 450f?

Depends on if its an AMA sanctioned event. A lot of tracks around here have gone away from the AMA, thus their own rules.

I believe it is different in the amateur classes and the pros, but I'm no authority.

I would contact the district referee or tracks you plan to race in the US or Canada and see what they say.

Or go to the regional section and ask in your region.

Most tracks (AMA or not) have a 250 class. This is 122-250cc 2 or 4-stroke bikes. Basically, with a 250 2-stroke you can race 14-24, 2-stroke only (if your track has it), 250 stock/mod, and Open stock/mod.

If you are not a pro, then all 250s can race together per AMA rules. However, as noted above, many tracks make their own tracks and rules. It also depends on how old you are. If you are eligible for vet classes, then you can run any displacement. Finally, I assume you are talking about MX. Offroad racing has a whole different set of rules, and the rules tend to be more favorable for 2 strokes.

I am about a C class racer, and I am planning to make my way up to B or maybe even A

I am days from buying a bike and im not sure weather i should get a 250 or a 450f

What did the AMA change in the rules about 2 strokes? Does the rule only apply for pro racing? So 250's can now race with 250fs?

Somebody please explain it to me haha:thumbsup:

I enjoy my 2 strokes, and do alot of trail riding, but this year I want to be a little more compedative, should i move on to the 450f?

Why would you care? You're in Canada. Only what CMRC says counts here. 250 can't run with 250F here unless your are in the GP (open) class of your level. :)

Man, I love CMRC, they seem to always make the right desisions. :banghead:

Super Mini class – 85cc – 112cc 2 stroke/100cc – 150cc 4 stroke

MX2 class - 100cc - 153cc 2 stroke/100cc - 250cc 4 stroke

MX1 class – 154cc – 285cc 2 stroke/251cc – 450cc 4 stroke

MX3 class - 100cc - 550cc 2 stroke/100cc - 650cc 4 stroke

Guess what? It's the same for the pro class. So if someone wants to race am oversize 2-stoke in the Pro class they can! :)

No 250 in lite class BS.

The new 2 stroke rule is the same as the old 2 stroke rule:

"2 Strokes Rule" :)

^lol, i was thinking the same thing, AMA-American Motorcycle Assciation

If I'm remebering right the new rule is that 250 two smokes can run in the amateur lites or 250cc( whatever the AMA changed that too haha) class.

this isnt a new rule.. Im so confused.

This is a new class structure that was put in place for the '08 race season. its '09 now.

AMA tracks 250cc = 250 Class. Doesnt matter if its 2 stroke 4 stroke or his or her stroking.

Thats why there where kids on 250 2 strokes at L.L. last year racing the 250B class.

The 125 class is pretty much dead as that was changed to 125B/C (one class and no A)

Finally what also was change A YEAR AGO was cc for every class starts at like 124cc which mean yes you can race a 125cc+ in the open classes or 250 classes. So more classes you can race in.

Am I missing something here cause this isn't at all new to me but it seems to be popping up everywhere.