Sign in to follow this  

Help ID these two hoses

I had my fuel tank off yesterday and when I was putting everything back together, I noticed these two small hoses that do not seem to go anywhere. There is nowhere for them to connect to the tank and they dont have any hose clamps on them. I kinda think they are some kind of vent hose but one goes into the top of the carb! And the other goes down to a T connector which splits to the back of the cylinder and then down to a pink clear vent/drain hose.

Please set my mind at ease, Im mostly worried about the open hose going to the carb.

~~~~

Here is the first photo taken from the top facing down. The two hoses bend over a couple inches from the top. The black one on the left you see goes right down to the carburator and the one on the right goes down to a T and then a drain...

490656069_CkkKN-X2.jpg

Here is a better pic of the one that just goes down onto the top of the carb.

490656125_eMecy-X2.jpg

Here is the T where the other hose comes down to. The black hose goes to the back of the cylinder and the pink hose drops down near the front sprocket to a drain to grade

490656159_Qm5rS-X2.jpg

Here is where the larger hose ends up after the T connector: The pink clear hose

490656187_ErcX2-L.jpg

They are both just vent hoses the do no "connect" to anything. If you buy the vent kit from applied i think that big hose goes away. It is hard for me to remember it has been so long.

:)

... I thought those hoses went to my fuel petcock.

No wonder my bike runs like crap. :)

CRFXXX... not hittin' ya, it's just Friday... and I'm being sarcastic and pokin' fun. Do you have a service manual?? It'd help .... you can buy them online for $25 or so. Worth their weight in gold.

Ya, I better get one I guess. The owners manual is so comprehensive that I didnt think I would need one.

Nobody knows for sure if these two lines are supposed to be open ended??

Well if u cant c see any obvious places to put the hoses they are pobably just vent hoses. However, a service manual is probably a good idea since ya will most likely need one in the future

Ya, I better get one I guess. The owners manual is so comprehensive that I didnt think I would need one.

Nobody knows for sure if these two lines are supposed to be open ended??

One of them is the crankcase breather... it usually is 'open' or plugs into the airbox top front.

The other (from the top of the carb or manifold area) is a smog hose, and also is not connected (vent). When you remove all of your smog equipment, and re-jet... you'll know all this.

... usually (with aftermarket smog removal kits), a neat little filter is attached to the crankcase vent and the other is capped off or plugged (no hose).

• Like 1

Yup those are breather hoses, I went through the same thing, but figured it out with the manual. The big one is crank case breather the small one is carb breather, your good to go.

If you look in your very first picture, you can see a wire bracket that has a bend to support the wiring harness (near the upper left side of your photo). Further toward the rear of the bike, the wire bracket has a "U" bend in it (just barely visible in your picture). The two hoses that you are asking about are open ended and are suppose to tuck into the "U" section of the wire bracket.

• Like 1

Thank you guys, I gassed Crash for the added bracket tip :)-

Thanks from me too for the explanation.

I bought a used 450X that has the smog block off kit and when I pulled the gas tank and saw the 2 unconnected hoses I was a little confused. (I have a shop manual on order.)