Sign in to follow this  

california red green stickers question

So places like hangtown MX course dont let red sticker bikes come out from oct1-april30. so does that mean during that time, only WR/crf-x/ and other off-road bikes are taking to the MX course? or do the rangers let red sticker bikes ride on the MX course, and cite you if you go to the offroad course?

or do the rangers let red sticker bikes ride on the MX course, and cite you if you go to the offroad course?

According to their official website http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1221 you need a green sticker during green sticker season, however, the mx track is privately operated, so it probably falls under different rules.

I'm pretty sure that in other similar situations (like metcalf in san jose) the track is open to redstickers even when the rest of the park is green only. But call them and make sure.

http://www.ampracing.com/ is the people that apparently operate the track.

• Like 1

Llama is right. My brother used to work at PC, and the deal is that if you ride Hangtown, it doesn't matter because it's a private track, so red/greens don't matter, but if your caught riding the trails OR the practice track (that is Park property), you will be cited.

:)

I'm pretty sure that in other similar situations (like metcalf in san jose) the track is open to redstickers even when the rest of the park is green only. But call them and make sure.

Not quite. Unlike prarie city the track at Metcalf has the same restrictions as the park since they're both owned by Santa Clara County. FWIW the rangers there do a do a great job keeping the track in shape considering their limited resources :)