Sign in to follow this  

07 wr dual sport kit?????

hey guys, are there any kits for an 07 that keep the front headlight casing? all i found was one that changes it to like a square light with the jagged front plate and i dont like how it looks. any ideas, links? im stumped here.

Many of the kits out there, you can do a 'delete' on the headlight portion and use your stock shroud and light. The oem bulb has a hi and low beam but... it is only 35 watts. If you are after being road legal and do not need a good light for night driving you will be fine. All you;ll need to do is source a connector to mate with the oem one.

Some of the kits made already take this in account, others will need a little fab'ing to make work (mounting of the horn and signal relay.)

I have a Baja Designs kit. I have their headlight and a second lighting harness with the Yamaha plug on it. If I am daylight Dual Sporting, I keep the OEM setup on, then for those rides where I'll need the light, I pop on the BD one. It is a two minute swap.

I have a Baja Designs kit on my '06 WR250F and was able to use the stock headlight and plastic. But the kit for '07 and up has a different part number. I have not had a lick of trouble in 3 years with any of the Baja components or how they have integrated with the bike.