Sign in to follow this  

What's the latest thought on oil?

Hey guys, I haven't rode in a good while and I'm getting ready to change the oil in both the motor side and the clutch side. I have a Rekluse installed on the clutch side.

What's the latest thinking on the best oil to use on both sides. I heard from a Honda dealer not to use synthetic on the motor side. I don't want to spend a bunch of cash if I don't need to.

any thoughts would be great!!

Rotella is what I 've been told and use. My son has the Rekluse Pro and uses it also.

i run rotella in crank side but im going to start running atf type f or dextron 3 in trans side.

This has been done to death but I use rottella t syn in both sides with no problems.

we cant talk to much about oil its always changing

Yeah it's the life blood of our engines, I agree.

10/30 engine side, ATF tranny side. Change them both very frequently (2or3hours) Change the oil filter with k&n every 15 hours or so. ATF if hands down the best smelling oil out there.

For people that hammer others for there less than perfect maintance schedule. What do you guys have against Honda lubes? Don't need a answer just making a point...Its been talked about to much but if honda wanted the cheapest oil (rottella) to be used they would say so.

Racheal Ray uses e.v.o.o all the time in everything, Are you?

e.v.o.o. would prolly work better in ur tranny than atf...that shit is great...I heard it works good as a sex lube also...:)