Sign in to follow this  

Looking for aftermarket clutch perch.

Now that I've removed the switch and mirror from the factory clutch perch I'd like to replace it with something nicer from the aftermarket. What I'm looking for is the perch only, but it must accept the factory lever. The reason being I already have the factory replacement Zeta lever. Anybody out there make something like that, or am I going to have to buy the whole package (clutch and lever) and sell my Zeta lever?

I don't know what the options are, but I was thinking the exact same thing about a week ago, now that my mirror mount is unused. I forgot about the shutoff switch but it has been disconnected for over half a year anyway.

I installed the ASV shorty levers and clutch perch.....it was actually the 2 stroke model since the Z does not have a hot start or decomp lever.

ASVLevers001.jpg

ASVLevers002.jpg

ASVLevers003.jpg

ASVLevers004.jpg

ASVLevers005.jpg

I bought one of those eight dollar Trackside perches from Cycle Gear- it takes the stock lever, it's lightweight, eliminates the clutch lever sensor bung (which most of us ditch anyway) and the mirror bung as well. It does the job and is cheap.

Now that I've removed the switch and mirror from the factory clutch perch I'd like to replace it with something nicer from the aftermarket. What I'm looking for is the perch only, but it must accept the factory lever. The reason being I already have the factory replacement Zeta lever. Anybody out there make something like that, or am I going to have to buy the whole package (clutch and lever) and sell my Zeta lever?

http://www.langstonracing.com/eshopprod_cat_2443-32063_product_481428.Zeta_Pivot_Clutch_Lever_Perch_.htm dont worry someone will buy it

I bought one of those eight dollar Trackside perches from Cycle Gear- it takes the stock lever, it's lightweight, eliminates the clutch lever sensor bung (which most of us ditch anyway) and the mirror bung as well. It does the job and is cheap.

https://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=FAI_BA15C-YS0005B_G this is a good one im going to get one to thanks my zeta lever will bolt right on

I also removed the mirror and the clutch safety sensor. I guess I can live with the "perch" as is....no big deal. I did add Zeta clutch lever and a Zeta back half perch mount (can't remember what it's called) in order to remove the mirror mount. Sorry I don't have better pics of the setup. In most of my pics, my mirror is blocking the view.

DSC01095.jpg

DSC01082.jpg

Zeta does make an aftermarket perch.

LEVERASSY.jpgZE43-0320LGE.jpg

Call Forrest at Wheeling and see if it fits the DRZ style levers. He may even trade you for the levers it takes. Lemme know if you need to sell yours, always good to have a spare.