Sign in to follow this  

ceramic coating effect anything?

I just bought a fmf powerbomb header for my drz400sm for $40 bucks used. It looks fine just a little shabby. In the past ive gotten and number of my biker headers ceramic coated and wonder if its worth doing to the drz. It would cost me under 80 bucks and would look nice. Will it or could it change the way the bike runs? Also, is there a gasket between header and head that i should replace when i put on the header? And last, where does one aquire a factory service manual.

If you are looking for a drastic change in performance I doubt getting the header ceramic coated matters much on the DRZ. You would get the benefits of more heat escaping out the exhaust and it also looks good.

You can reuse an old exhaust gasket, the TT store sells them for $8.51.

I would say ebay is a decent place for a factory service manuel. THey always seem to have them anyway. I have a PDF service manual that someone posted on here, the pictures are not very good but if you want it I will email it you, PM me your email.

I ceramic coated my header and it does seem to help. Temps in that area are lower, cleans up easily, has not discolored or rusted; I'd do it again. :)