Sign in to follow this  

Dunlops new MX51 tire looks pretty sweet!

It seems a little more technilogically advanced vs their other tires. It's Int./hard.

I'm not sure if the are out for purchace just yet, I'm going to try to get my hands on a set. Dunlop is pushing out the 756 which will be discontinued and replaced by this. There is also the MX31 (soft/sand).

dunlop-geomax-lead-z.jpg

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=105

I almost bought one..and still might. I am waiting for the 90/100-21 and its not available yet. The season is still early here, so no hurry.

Still, I am scared to see the 756 go away. That tire rules. Maybe the new one will last longer???

I also like the 745 and hop it stays around. Hey...I already have a 90/100 745. Maybe the 80 in the 51 would be a good compliment???

Has anyone tried one ?

I am on the fence too- but will try one sooner or later. I am REALLY diggin the 745 though!

Im thinking the extra tread closest to the rim will be a nice benifit.

I have read 3 reviews of the tire, all say its performs better than the 756 with no sacrifices.

They are gonna be on my To Buy list for this yr if money allows, the MX31 tread pattern looks like it should work quite well for the riding i get into

im curious why nobody ever lists the tire weight...:)

I lifted a 31 today and it was noticeably lighter than the 756 siting next to it.

I dont think they list weights as they differ so much. There can be major weight differences between identical tires.

who has tested them? They claim that the 51 is actually better in both the sand and hard pack than the 756 which is hard to believe. I wonder if the 31 works better than the 773 in intermediate conditions?

Great to hear some positive reviews about this I was feeling quite sceptical about replacing the 756 rear. Hope they still make the 773 front?

I think i will order a front...not sure if I want the 80/100 or the 90/100. I like the oversize 745. Maybe its time for one of each?

I think i will order a front...not sure if I want the 80/100 or the 90/100. I like the oversize 745. Maybe its time for one of each?

Im ordering both the front and rear. Im not sure what sizes though. I am interested in the oversizes but worried that the rear might rub due to the side portruding knobbies on these tires. What do you think?

Im ordering both the front and rear. Im not sure what sizes though. I am interested in the oversizes but worried that the rear might rub due to the side portruding knobbies on these tires. What do you think?

I have ran the 120 series 756 on the back with no problem. It was the 756. I did not care for the extra weight. I did not notice any extra traction with it either.

The oversize front tire was really nice. Maybe not as good in ruts, but very nice everywhere else.

It seems like these tires are running slightly cheaper than the 756 or773's by checking the prices at dennis kirk