Sign in to follow this  

Avaialability of Pistons for an overbored KDX220

Hey all, after finally stripping down my KDX after last weekends race i found my top end in a sorry state for itself ill try and get the pics uploaded. What i want to know is the availability of getting pistons for an oversized cylinder forthe kdx 220 and also where i can get them from all posts will be appreciated.

E:\DCIM\100KC613\100_2553.jpg[\IMG]

E:\DCIM\100KC613\100_2555.jpg[\IMG]

Just wanted to ask another question as my top end is in bits ive striped down the KIPS and i had a seriously large amount of carbon build up in there which i had to scrape out. Any ideas on how to reduce the carbon build up? i have got pics but i dont know how to post them any advice on that one aswell much appreciated

Cheers

Normski:thumbsup:

How much oversize? Wiseco sells a 1mm oversize piston for the 220, part #750M07000.

The KDX has a Plated cylinder. You can not bore it to a bigger size without having it replated to the bigger piston. You can have it bored and sleeved to a larger size.

Langcourt is in the UK. They can replate your cylinder if you need. You will need to send them the jug and the new piston. http://www.langcourt.com/Contact_us.htm

Just wanted to say thanks for the great feedback checked out there website looked very basic but they sound pretty damm good when you read there testomonials i have had someone briefly look at my cylinder and they reckon i might get away with sending some honing stones through it as the damage that can be seen is deposits of piston ring where it has melted the cylinder itself does not look scratched gouged or anything just got lumps of ring on it but nether the less i will contact langcourt and see what they quote me many thnaks again:thumbsup: