Sign in to follow this  

09 kx450F chain slider

I am looking for a new chain slider for a 09 kx450f. Does anyone make one for the 09? Does a 08 fit the 09? The chain wore through the slider where the swing arm was welded after 10 hrs of riding. thanks

so the kawis still seem to suffer from this? Looks like ill have the TMdesigns on order so when the bike gets here ill have it handy.

TM also offers just the chain slider itself for $84.95, which is a way more affordable route than their kit with the guide and roller.

That's strange ive gotten 45 hours out of mine, now its on a rebuilt motor and its a little under 3 quarters left,,i will see how long it lasts

approx 35hrs on mine and all good to, how much off a rebuild you doing at 45hrs interested because im not far off this...

looked at it tonight and its close to being through, now on the hunt tomorrow for a new one first state round this weekend.

I am running TM design works for the first time on my 09 honda. I have had the good word on their products from a long list of guys. TM design is bullet proof, go for it. UFO plast is also doing slider and guide replacement kits in colours which look sweet.

BRP and TM Designworks are the two best in my opinion. I currently have a black BRP one on my 09 KX450 and it looks good with my black rear sprocket! I also have the green TM Designworks swingarm slider.

Bike1-1.jpg

approx 35hrs on mine and all good to, how much off a rebuild you doing at 45hrs interested because im not far off this...

i blew it up at 45 hours. thats the hours i put on it, no idea about the first owner (he lives in socal somewhere) dont worry though i beat the living hell out of it, thats why it blew up, over rev, everything looked like new the mechanic said, probable cause was over rev. dont hit the rev limiter alot, youll have a $3500 hole in your pocket :thumbsup::bonk:

So does the 08 rear guide work on the 09? I know the plastic inside is different but what about the whole thing?

My buddy is havin a good run with the TM, The BRP looks pretty sweet as well. Im also lookin to change out my stocker soon, they only chew out faster as soon as you go up teeth on the rear.

Something is wrong.... I've ridden since 1985 and never had a bike, even bikes bought used, that wore through the stock chain guide in the period that I owned it. For a brand new 09 to be going through a stock chain guide already - that's a definite design flaw.

EDIT: Opps, thought you guys where talking about the chain guide, but what I said still applies to the chain slider. I never had one wear through and I've had bikes that where five years old and have been through three owners and still on the stock chain slide and guides.

My 06 KX450 has over 60 hours on it and the guide and slider still look great. I do run my sprockets back towards the rear of the travel. When I installed a 51 tooth rear sprocket, I went with 116 link chain as it gets the chain off the very bottom of the chain guide. I'll post if and when it wears out.