Sign in to follow this  

Need tire suggestion - dumb newby question

So I have searched the threads and I did not geta direct response to this and as broke as I am I cannot afford to buy the wrong things so I am going to ask it directly.

I have a cr 250 with a 19x2.5 inch excel rim.

I ride half on the track that depending on the day is so hard that its like riding on ice and then if a drop of mouisture hits it then it turns to complete mud.

The other half of the time I spend in the woods where its usually is muddy, couple of rocks here and there and a few large tree stumps I almost broken my kneck on a couple of times.

Everyone who knows me says I have a special ability to absolutely destroy anything I touch....not kinding...want to see a bolt instantly strip? I look at it and it happens.

What rear tire do I need to run? Where can I find a chart that shows what size I need? I do not know why I cannot find this information, maybe I am still not down with the mx lingo so I am not typing in the right key words.

Yes, I know this has been asked a hundred time and I apologize.

Are you sure that you don't have a 2.15 at the back?

The stock dimension is a 110/90-19 and this is what I would use on a 250. Some would say to use a 120/90-19 but in my opinion this is too big of a tire.

Some would say to use a 120/90-19 but in my opinion this is too big of a tire.
I agree. I tried the over-sized front/rear tires on my KX 250 and did not like them. The larger fron tire would ride up out of ruts very aggresively, and the oversized rear would over-power the front tire in turns, causing a nasty front-end push. Stock sizes work best in my opinion.

TATN, the conditions you describe sound perfect for a Dunlop 756, front and rear. They wear relatively quickly in hard dirt, but they work quite well in a broad range of conditions.

I'm sure others here will equally recommend different brands of tires, but I have always liked the versatility of the 756.

Are you sure that you don't have a 2.15 at the back?

Its definately a 2.50, thought my last rim was a 2.50 but when I got this thing in and out it next to my old one I realized the old one was 2.15

so, looks like a Dunlap 756 so far

120/90-19

110/90-19

So how do i translate these numbers? Is the -19 for a 19 inch rim?

sorry but I am clueless