Omnibus ***AGAIN*** Vote slated for Minday the 16th

Done. I'm gonna need to hire someone to write all these letters and make all these calls to my "representatives." I swear since Obama's been in office I've done noting but call and write letters objecting to government actions.

I'm sure we are all just pissing in the wind, but I sent this email anyway (with help from the AMA letter generator).

Dear Senator Feinstein (also sent to Boxer):

As a constituent and concerned motorized outdoor recreationist, I am writing to ask that you oppose S. 22, which is being considered as H.R. 146, the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Acquisition Grant Program.

It would be a gross injustice for the Senate to ram this bill down the throats of the American people, after it failed to pass in the House of Representatives, by bringing it back as a 1,300 page amendment to an unrelated bill. Regardless of your thoughts and opinions on the original S. 22, I ask that you oppose this latest attempt to bypass the governing principles of our great nation and vote NO on H.R. 146 (as long as it contains the S.22 amendment).

Sincerely,

"OldeDude"

The first paragraph is from the letter generator, the second is mine. Of course I didn't sign it "OldeDude", although they might recognize me by that too.

I'm sure we are all just pissing in the wind, but I sent this email anyway (with help from the AMA letter generator).

Dear Senator Feinstein (also sent to Boxer):

As a constituent and concerned motorized outdoor recreationist, I am writing to ask that you oppose S. 22, which is being considered as H.R. 146, the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Acquisition Grant Program.

It would be a gross injustice for the Senate to ram this bill down the throats of the American people, after it failed to pass in the House of Representatives, by bringing it back as a 1,300 page amendment to an unrelated bill. Regardless of your thoughts and opinions on the original S. 22, I ask that you oppose this latest attempt to bypass the governing principles of our great nation and vote NO on H.R. 146 (as long as it contains the S.22 amendment).

Sincerely,

"OldeDude"

The first paragraph is from the letter generator, the second is mine. Of course I didn't sign it "OldeDude", although they might recognize me by that too.

I made mine the first! c:thumbsup:

Sneaky politicians:

from the AMA:

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/alert/?alertid=12914591

".....Now, following defeat of the bill, the U.S. Senate leadership is expected to employ a little used parliamentary procedure that allows them to overcome the outcome of the House vote on S. 22....."

"...The American Motorcyclist Association urges everyone to contact their Senators to vote "No" on H.R. 146, the Revolutionary War and War of 1812 Battlefield Acquisition Grant Program. This bill was formerly known as S. 22, the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009, which would prohibit all motorized vehicle access including motorcycles and ATVs on over 2 million acres of public lands. As you may know, S. 22 was defeated just days ago on March 11 in the U.S. House of Representatives....."

Can anyone direct me to a web site that shows that HR 146 contains any language about the contents of S. 22? All I've been able to find is the Battlefield Land Acquisition language.

I hope that all of this ALERT stuff isn't just because of the phrase "Omnibus Land Bill".

Thanks

Ride on

Brewster

It did not turn out the way Mr Reid had planned. His power has gone to his head.... He thought that he could tack on S 22 to this bill that had already been voted on by the house and just vote it right on through the senate. Well, somebody with some sense has put him in his place. The bill, after the vote in the senate, will be returning to the house for a vote.

The alarming thing is that concessions were made that made the NRA happy so i think it will be harder this time around to defeat it. I still have hope though because it seems nobody likes this bill. Even researchers and archeologists are pissed about provisions in this bill. I hope we dodge the bullet again on this one.

It did not turn out the way Mr Reid had planned. His power has gone to his head.... He thought that he could tack on S 22 to this bill that had already been voted on by the house and just vote it right on through the senate. Well, somebody with some sense has put him in his place. The bill, after the vote in the senate, will be returning to the house for a vote.

The alarming thing is that concessions were made that made the NRA happy so i think it will be harder this time around to defeat it. I still have hope though because it seems nobody likes this bill. Even researchers and archeologists are pissed about provisions in this bill. I hope we dodge the bullet again on this one.

Thanks for keeping us informed.?