Sign in to follow this  

Omnibus ****AGAIN**** Vote slated for Monday the 16th

Long term we are screwed.

We will never get the support (read that as $$$ to influence political scumbags) that the other side can.

Enjoy it while you can, and know that by the time you have grandkids there will be no legal off-road riding anywhere, dirtbikes will be confiscated on sight, and all that will be left are bitter memories of what was, and could have been.

Dave

We will never get the support (read that as $$$ to influence political scumbags) that the other side can.

Enjoy it while you can, and know that by the time you have grandkids there will be no legal off-road riding anywhere, dirtbikes will be confiscated on sight, and all that will be left are bitter memories of what was, and could have been.

Dave

That is the kind of attitude that WILL make that happen! I just sent out a message on Xbox live, and got many replies saying that they sent that to all there friends! If we keep fighting for it, we have a better chance to keep riding a good sport! AND, if that dosent work, we could all move to canada!

Dave

VOTE IS MONDAY MARCH 25TH

CLICK HERE:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF THE CURRENT BILL:

In approving S 22 the first time the Senate clarified that all conservation areas within the California Desert Conservation Area (CDCA) would be considered part of the NLCS.* Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) had said last year she would offer an amendment to ensure the entire 10 million-acre CDCA was in the system.

The bill language says that the NLCS includes "Any area designated by Congress to be administered for conservation purposes, including. . . public land within the California Desert Conservation Area administered by BLM for conservation purposes."

According to BLM the NLCS contains 27 million acres, including 4.8 million acres of national monuments, 14 million areas of conservation areas, 1.4 million acres of "similar designations," 7.7 million acres of wilderness areas, 13.8 million acres of wilderness study areas, and one million acres of wild and scenic rivers.

In addition to the NLCS measure, S 22 contains these initiatives: 

* OWYHEE LANDS (IDAHO): the bill from Sen. Crapo would designate 517,000 acres of BLM-managed wilderness.* An alliance of retired BLM employees, the Public Lands Foundation, objects to the bill and says that before designating wilderness sponsors should work with BLM to identify precise boundaries.* 

* WILDERNESS (NINE OTHER BILLS): several individual wilderness bills would protect up to 2 million acres, including: Wild Monongahela Wilderness (West Va.), Virginia Ridge and Valley Wilderness (Va.), Mt. Hood Wilderness (. Ore), Copper Salmon Wilderness (Ore.), Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument (Ore.), Owyhee (Idaho), Sabinoso Wilderness (N.M.), Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Wilderness (Mich.), Oregon Badlands Wilderness (Ore.), Spring Basin Wilderness (Ore.), Eastern Sierra and Northern San Gabriel Wilderness (Calif.), Riverside County Wilderness (Calif.), Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks Wilderness (Calif.), and Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness (Colo.)

It is being discussed today in congress.

Contact your congressmand right now and tell him/her to vote NO on suspending the rules (fast tracking) on H.R.146 and NO on the bill itself.

Ride on

Brewster

Called my rep yesterday, damn glad I did. First time i've ever called,and with all the shenanigans goin on in washington definately won't be the last.

recommend everyone call your representative.

It only takes 5 minutes

Looks like it passed

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29880510/

So now it goes to the president to sign right?

Yup!

Time to send a message to the Pres. about the process in which this was passed..........no ammendments allowed by our representitives in congress.

Is this the way Obama wants our federal govenment to be run?

Ride on

Brewster

Did it pass?Scumbag country,I plan to leave this country 1 I retire and never look back.

Yes. It passed and was signed by President Obama. The Wilderness Society is elated. Another nail in our collective riding coffins.

DAMN!!!

Want to see how your Congressmen voted? Check here:

http://www.votesmart.org/index.htm

Just put in your zip code. You can see how they each voted on every issue if you click their names and then voting record.

I know this is kind of off topic since this has passed.How does this effect DUAL sport riding and WV trail system for bikes an quads?YEs I ride both an support both.This is the worse goverment I have seen since Ive been alive in 34 years.I really do believe the global faschists need us to comply an get rid of our freedom and sovreignity and then 1 we are out of the way or in there control they can have a NWO dictatorship.YEs call me crazy but way things are goin here Cuba looks more free.

Sign in to follow this